Scales and tails festival pics.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Helikaon

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Didnt get to the festival until about 2 and couldnt stay long but managed to snap a few pics and chat to few ppl, seemed a good happy environment and im hoping everyone had a good time. Some beautiful looking animals there. big emphasis on pythons though. was hoping to see more lizards I should have a bluetongue stall next year :D
P1080028.jpg

P1080007.jpg

P1080008.jpg

P1080009.jpg

P1080010.jpg

P1080011.jpg

P1080013.jpg

P1080014.jpg

P1080015.jpg

P1080002.jpg

P1080003.jpg

P1080004.jpg

P1080005.jpg

P1080031.jpg

P1080033.jpg

P1080001.jpg

P1080016.jpg

P1080018.jpg

P1080019.jpg

P1080020.jpg

P1080022.jpg

P1080023.jpg

P1080027.jpg

P1080029.jpg

enjoy
cheers
H.

Fantastic photos,magnificent snakes to match..Gees that BHP is such a STUNNING animal..not to mention the greens,albino Olive-Darwins,Hypo Coastals..

Just want to thank the team from Scales & Tales for putting today on.
Enjoyed the day, as did my kids.

My girls loved the BHP that ERD had photos being taken with, my youngest even got bailed up by the Courier Mail journo to have her photos taken and an interview for the paper. She hasn't stopped talking about it and cant wait for it to be published. Thanks for trying to make her smile Jon.

My pics of the day as follows;

DSCF2162.jpg

DSCF2163.jpg
DSCF2164.jpg

DSCF2166.jpg

DSCF2169.jpg

DSCF2170.jpg

DSCF2171.jpg

DSCF2172.jpg

DSCF2173.jpg

DSCF2175.jpg

DSCF2176.jpg

DSCF2177.jpg

DSCF2167.jpg

DSCF2168.jpg

DSCF2178.jpg

DSCF2179.jpg

DSCF2180.jpg

DSCF2181.jpg

DSCF2182.jpg

DSCF2183.jpg

DSCF2186.jpg

DSCF2187.jpg

That would have been a great day. Sorry i missed it.
looking very professional Johnno.
I'd like to get up there for one, one day.

did a lot of people not turn up or something? coz there wasn't many stalls

I would also like to say congratulations to the organisers for an excellent exhibition. Having got the day off work and having a few Qantas Frequent Flyer points lying around, I decided to fly from Adelaide (the 4am getting out of bed for 6.15 flight was just fine NOT), hire a car and then catch the 3.55pm flight back. It was amazing to see the line up of people at 10am as the doors opened. One of the highlights for me was watching two experts from ERD attempting to retrieve a rubber band from the mouth of a bearded dragon who did not want to give it up as well as a large selection of the more unusual colour morphs that so far i had only seen in pictures. And for Johnno, the blood really added to the excitement. On a less positive note, I was absolutely disgusted at the behaviour of some of the children at the show, and the lack of care shown by the parents. It was appalling to see the kids ignoring the signs and requests of officials (DO NOT TAP ON GLASS does mean kids as well, and DON'T LEAN OVER THE BARRIER WHEN THE LARGE VENOMOUS SNAKES ARE OUT also means don't lean over with your phones to take photos!) Sorry about the whinge, it also has something to do with my seat being kicked constantly on the flight back by a young girl also.

Oh and the kids kicking the walls of the ERD gazebo as the Taipan was moving past MORONS

If anyone would Like to donate some pictures that they took for the scales and tails website that would be great! Full credits of course.

If you would like to donate some plz contact me via pm with you name and photos, these will be edited into a slideshow then uploaded onto the scales and tails website.

Cheers
Luke

Some cool pics here...

A better representation of the festival than what I've done. I swear next time I'll try to do pics more like Helikaon and Grimnir. Great pics by the way :)

5172180046_7263584b52_z.jpg

5172183038_5fe2346b12_z.jpg

5172198076_c736e6cc89_z.jpg

5171612195_ae669ed914_z.jpg

Im glad it was a great success. congratulations to the scales and tails team and all the people involved.

On a less positive note, I was absolutely disgusted at the behaviour of some of the children at the show, and the lack of care shown by the parents. It was appalling to see the kids ignoring the signs and requests of officials (DO NOT TAP ON GLASS does mean kids as well, and DON'T LEAN OVER THE BARRIER WHEN THE LARGE VENOMOUS SNAKES ARE OUT also means don't lean over with your phones to take photos!)

Oh and the kids kicking the walls of the ERD gazebo as the Taipan was moving past MORONS

you really have to wonder do these parents ever teach their children any manners at all..

Thanks to all who's posting up pics!

So does anyone know what picture 16 in the first lot is?

One of the highlights for me was watching two experts from ERD attempting to retrieve a rubber band from the mouth of a bearded dragon who did not want to give it up as well as a large selection of the more unusual colour morphs that so far i had only seen in pictures. And for Johnno, the blood really added to the excitement.

G'day mate,

Absolutely no expertise involved with that situation! It was panic stations all round. I was very impressed with Ryan's dedication as he stuck his fingers in its mouth after seeing what it did to my thumb...but at least we got the rubber band out. I still can't believe it tried to eat it!

With regards to the parents and kids...I agree. Not only were there some very rude kids/parents during the demonstrations, but some of the parents were letting their kids rifle through some very expensive books quite roughly. We did a pull a few of them about it up but luckily there was no damage.

yeah i didnt let my girls touch anythink had one in the pram and other one walking close to me, but yet again i ended up running for those who came to the coastal herp keepers club first meeting i was running there too. hehe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back