Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RELLIK81

Reaction score
hey guys....
i went out today and got some white melamine cut up to build some new snake enclosures
i have designed it on Google sketch up and have already edged the melamine....
was gonna take photos throughout the build and post them up...
here is what i have so far
Dont mind the dirty shed....everytime i clean it..within a week its back like this lol
melamine.jpg

aswell as the sketch up design
what you see is not every enclosure....there will also be 2 more 1000X1200X600 enclosures on the opposite wall.....
and the tub rack will be next to them.....
reproom.png

let me know what ya think....

mate i like this really nice im even thinking about doing something like this now.
what are the lucky reptiles that will be living in it?

at the moment i have a pair of tanami woma that will be going into bells 80 litre tubs im getting from snake whisperer......i have a 18 month old Palmerston jungle that will be going in the big enclosure at the top....also want to get another jungle to pair with my female......wanna get a pair of QLD BHP or SA womas for the 6 foot enclosures at the top.....i have 4 bredli hatchies im growing up and gonna probe them and keep a pair and sell the others.......they will be going in 2 of the bottom enclosures......also wanna get a pair of albino Darwin carpets.....
thats pretty much it for now......i do have 4 murray darling carpets aswell but prob just sell those on soon

hey guys
its been a couple of days and havent really got much done...just changed shifts and still adjusting to the different times.....but this morning i knocked up 2 enclosures.......will finish the rest off over the rest of the week.....
only got a basic box at the moment but am gonna be making them look awesome as time goes on....
102_6440.jpg

i got a couple of pieces of pine....i am varnishing them to seal it..... then sliding glass.......
gonna put a few perches in there aswell as a shelf ....vents in front cleat and also in the back

the iron on strips worked well wayne, i might tryb that on my next one....

Yeah they are ok..... Just gotta make sure they are fully stuck down or will chip like one of mine did

where can i buy some vents from? i am also builing an enclosure...

some more progress guys.....
finished varnishing the timber cleats....bought the glass tracks and glass.....
already screwed the cleats into place...
102_6442.jpg

here is the glass
102_6444.jpg

and here is the girl going into this enclosure
102_6443.jpg

IMG_0033.jpg

yeah for vents im using sink strainers that i got from the cheap shop for 2 for 2 bucks.....on some of my other enclosures i have used proper vents but they cost too much and are too much work to fit compared to the sink strainers.....bunnings do sell both of the vents i mentioned but the strainers are more expensive at bunnings...2 dollars each

aluminium flyscreen fitted to a custom sized frame(the size you make it lol) works well and is cheap too

cheers fellas. will have to check it out tomorrow. many good ideas. any pics would also help....?

Mate your glass tracks are they made out of plastic?
I will need some for BHP's but would like to get metal/aluminium tracks as I dont trust the plastic - can find plastic ones from bunnings but no others

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back