My beef with our gay rights!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
are you sure you are not just making this up and slandering the old man

My apologies..... it was actually the Belgian Bishop. Does this make much of a difference to my argument?

there's been quite a few labor mp's who have been paedophiles, milton orkopolous, bob collins etc, this doesn't mean it should be ok for others,

Where in my argument did i state it was ok to be pedophiles??? I was stating that there have been a few lapor MP's who have said they do not oppose equal marriage rights. I stated that this is a step forward.

very poor arguments from someone with a vested and passionate interest.

It appears your refute is very poor???

How is homosexuality unnatural? There have been many examples of homosexual behaviour in the animal kingdom, including a beetle species that uses it to increase the chances of fathering young (I can't remember the exact species but am happy to look up every example I can find if it's needed).
I am an atheist myself and have never had a problem with people being gay. How would all of the heterosexual people feel if a minority of people declared that what heterosexuals were doing was unnatural when you had never known anything else? What I don't understand is why some people feel it necessary to compare homosexuality to degrading acts between people and animals and disgusting acts between adults and children. In a normal homosexual relationship, who is getting hurt? Two consenting adults wish to be together and they should be recognised. They AREN'T coming into your home and broadcasting it or molesting your children or ruining your life - they merely wish to express their own love for each other and I think it is horrible that so many people deny them this basic right - to love. Surely we as a society can only gain from accepting that people can love people of the same sex.
no one is saying they cant love each other just that they should not marry

But me chosing collingwood is a choice otherwise I wouldn't be able to say I "chose" to barrick for collingwood

Sorry missed out a word.

I am insisting that it is not a choice, not like you choosing collingwood.

That better? :)

There is to date no scientific evidence that we are born with a specific sexual persuasion.

[video=youtube;MHDCAllQgS0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHDCAllQgS0[/video]

Homosexual behavior due to genetics and environmental factors | e! Science News

THE GENETICS OF HOMOSEXUALITY | Serendip's Exchange

Biology and sexual orientation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

US researchers find evidence that homosexuality linked to genetics | World news | guardian.co.uk

Welcome to the 21st century.

I don't think religion should get much of a say in this. My partner and I are both atheists, we've been together for 5 years or so, if we wanted to get married it most certainly wouldn't be in a church, I have no interest in having my relationship "blessed" by what I consider slightly crazy people.
Marriage stopped being a purely Christian tradion a VERY ling time ago, if indeed it ever really was. We simply want the same governmental and legal protections offered to heterosexual couples. Pretty bloody simple.

My man and I would love to start a family, but right now only one of us could legally be considered the child's parent/guardian. If the legal parent dies when the child is 12 years old, that child ends up in foster care any other number of state systems, under Australian law the surviving 'parent' is a complete stranger.

And for people banging on about the 'sanctity' of marriage - So it's okay for Rush Limbaugh to be on his 5th freaking wife, but if I wanna marry my fella suddenly that's an attack on marriage?.

If I'm having an especially militant day I see 2 options.

1. Ban divorce between straight people. If you can't walk the walk don't talk the talk.

2. Me and my gay brethren get to pay lower taxes. Reduced rights for reduced responsibilities. Seems only fair.

Failing that I suppose we could move to Mexico and get married. Cheap sangria and sunny weather.

Completely agree Kristy :) With both your points.

The babyboomers have a lot to answer for :/ They were the only generation to 'have it good' and have a bit of an ego because of it. How many times have I heard "At your age I had worked for ten years straight, was married and had owned my own home for 9 years!"
Thats nice... your wage used to be $24grand+, houses and land were only $40grand, you didn't need extensive qualifications to get a job and because the population had just expanded there were ample jobs to be had that weren't filled.
My wage is still on $26grand.... but houses now cost half a million, I needed to have three certificates to get this lame job and it took me some stiff competition to get it because all the babyboomers are still holding on to their high paying jobs at the top!

Bah hum bug! lol

Aaaaaanyway.... ;)

If you son wants to get married, there are still people who will do it :) If I were you I would get him to have a ceremony and focus on his big day, rather than on the specifics of the paperwork he will need to fill out :) It just gets recognized by law as a legal partnership... technically its just wording right now that is probably getting to your son. They can legalize their union.... but they have to put a different label on it. :( A bit rude.... but its a decent compromise for now until the majority of our voting population are no longer baby boomers. On the other hand as bigoted as my father is, I think he would still support gay marriage :) It would just take a very brave polly to get it changed especially while their 'power' hangs in the balance.

Yes,,"giggle" and how much education did you BOTHER to get ? Nearly all Baby Boomers had a job within a few days of leaving school
And the VAST majority weren't still cruzing at their parents home at 25+ making excuses how hard life is while talking on their iphone and about getting "smashed/wiped-out on the weekend...personally l believe every gen. has something to answer for....and l believe every gen. has their anti-gay set, but as a baby boomer l am "definately" NOT one of them....solar 17 [Baden]

Yeah I think the christian view is that it doesnt fit with their plan of creation.

Well they should keep their pathetic myth to themselves.
And also next time there sick go pray at church and stay the "hell" out of science based medical institutions. :)

YouTube - Richard Dawkins explains how the gay gene was preserved

Homosexual behavior due to genetics and environmental factors | e! Science News

THE GENETICS OF HOMOSEXUALITY | Serendip's Exchange

Biology and sexual orientation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

US researchers find evidence that homosexuality linked to genetics | World news | guardian.co.uk

Welcome to the 21st century.

I don't think religion should get much of a say in this. My partner and I are both atheists, we've been together for 5 years or so, if we wanted to get married it most certainly wouldn't be in a church, I have no interest in having my relationship "blessed" by what I consider slightly crazy people.
Marriage stopped being a purely Christian tradion a VERY ling time ago, if indeed it ever really was. We simply want the same governmental and legal protections offered to heterosexual couples. Pretty bloody simple.

My man and I would love to start a family, but right now only one of us could legally be considered the child's parent/guardian. If the legal parent dies when the child is 12 years old, that child ends up in foster care any other number of state systems, under Australian law the surviving 'parent' is a complete stranger.

And for people banging on about the 'sanctity' of marriage - So it's okay for Rush Limbaugh to be on his 5th freaking wife, but if I wanna marry my fella suddenly that's an attack on marriage?.

If I'm having an especially militant day I see 2 options.

1. Ban divorce between straight people. If you can't walk the walk don't talk the talk.

2. Me and my gay brethren get to pay lower taxes. Reduced rights for reduced responsibilities. Seems only fair.

Failing that I suppose we could move to Mexico and get married. Cheap sangria and sunny weather.

None of that is scientific evidence that has been published and proven as FACT... stupid wiki ;)

Well they should keep their pathetic myth to themselves.
And also next time there sick go pray at church and stay the "hell" out of science based medical institutions. :)

christians do not deny science, we just interpret the results differently and as for staying out of things, i have seen many atheists pray when a loved one is dying, missing, etc....

"The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for
authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place
of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their
households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They
contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties
at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."

-attributed to Socrates by Plato

Every generation seems to think the next is going to hell in a handbasket.

None of that is scientific evidence that has been published and proven as FACT... stupid wiki ;)

You initially stated there was no evidence. I provided evidence. If you want undeniable facts you'll need to speak to a philosopher :)

I suppose if you're willing to completely ignore evidence you'll believe just about anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back