My beef with our gay rights!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think manners and respect should be injected back into this thread. People are raised differently and have varied belief systems. Arguing won't make any difference just raise your blood pressure. Be kind to yourselves and just deal.

...we should stop with religion/belief bantering and get back on topic.
this thread is dieing bring back some life to it.

Lets face it religion is really whats hindering gay rights.
I have no real interest in gay rights - i do have a keen interest in freedom from religion.

You initially stated there was no evidence. I provided evidence. If you want undeniable facts you'll need to speak to a philosopher :)

I suppose if you're willing to completely ignore evidence you'll believe just about anything.

nope, I feel I'm debating with someone who hasn't got much in the way of education. You never provided evidence you simply posted links to hearsay evidence. Science has proven ability to map genes to specific human chromosomes and to define chromosomal gene neighborhoods. This in return gave us the insight to detect many characteristics that in effect predetermine various aspects of the human being. There is still no scientific proof that sexual choice is something we are born with.

what about freedom from religious oppression?
starting to sound a lot like communist china?

I don't think many people want to deny your right to believe/practice/worship whatever/whoever you like. The problem many of us have is when people of religious leanings try to impose those values on others.

If you do not like the idea of gay marriage, don't marry someone with the same junk in their undies as you. I don't see the need to deny others based off the umbrella of various religions.

Surely between all the world religions, at some point, pretty much everything is non kosher/banned/sinful. Australia has (in theory) a well defined line between church and state. (see 'Westminster System'), myself and many like me are angry that we feel this distinction id not being enforced.

WELL WELL it honestly sadens me that some of you feel this way even though it is now 2010 ...WHY do some still compare GAY life styles with SICK ABUSERS such as kiddie fiddlers and animal rapists?????????? WE ARE TALKING ABOUT TWO concenting adults that share the same values and views LIKE YOU AND I and if you didnt think about what went on in the privacy of their bedroom THEY ARE EXACTLY THE SAME HUMANS!! ...why shouldnt they have the same rights as YOU and I ?
anal sex isnt just done with two GAY blokes ...plenty of hetro sexuals out there that do that deed ...does that make them CLOSET GAYS NOW? so if you can accept that anal is simply a sex act that ANYONE CAN DO then that blows that argument out of the water ...adopting children or lesbians and gays sharing the responsibility of a child/children together if these kids are raised in a happy and healthy household ..how can that be wrong? plenty of kiddies that have a mum n dad that live a nightmare everyday with their hetrosexual parents now ..so that argument is also GONE ...

MOST Gays might not care about the paper but as I said its all the legal rights as a couple that they miss out on ,not being recognised as next of kin or on legal adoption of children is where it peeves me the most ...I doubt my son would ever want to be married in a church now or any type of religious hype ceremony .but I would like him TO BE ABLE TO CHOOSE not some backward government...

AND FINALLY PEADOFILES ALSO ARE OF THE HETRO SEXUAL KIND YOU WILL FIND THAT MOST % OF THESE SICK WARPED HUMANS ARE ACTUALLY MARRIED MEN WITH CHILDREN OF THEIR OWN NOW ....so that BLOWS that out of the water now too ...

Lets face it religion is really whats hindering gay rights.
I have no real interest in gay rights - i do have a keen interest in freedom from religion.

Shouldnt EVERYONE have the same rights. How does being gay, athiest, Jew, Christian or being anything else stop anyone from being anything other than a person. I don't see whats so hard about accepting everyone? I have stong oppinions, but they are mine. If you want to be gay I wouldn't think of stopping you and if I saw you getting beaten up I'd step in without hesitation (to help you).
That is what is wrong with people. They cant just accept and love. We DONT have to agree, we just have to give people the same respect we want in return. If someone wants to believe in God, let them. If they don't want to believe in God then let them do that. If they want to be gay then let them if they want to be straight then let them... It's not hard really!!!

nope, I feel I'm debating with someone who hasn't got much in the way of education. You never provided evidence you simply posted links to hearsay evidence. Science has proven ability to map genes to specific human chromosomes and to define chromosomal gene neighborhoods. This in return gave us the insight to detect many characteristics that in effect predetermine various aspects of the human being. There is still no scientific proof that sexual choice is something we are born with.

I'm not sure you understand the concepts of 'proof', 'theory' and 'evidence'. There is mounting evidence, and has been for quite some time, of the genetic links to homosexuality, along with all manner of human conditions/predispositions. If you choose to ignore that evidence I doubt I, or anyone else will have much luck in achieving meaningful discourse with you.

The links I posted were the first few of about 58,000 hits on the subject. I totally agree that nothing there is fact, in so much as the theory of gravity is also not a 'fact'.

what about freedom from religious oppression?
starting to sound a lot like communist china?

Religious people are the main perpetrators of religious oppression - not the non-religious!
Wanting freedom from something isn't very communist sounding.

Hahaha I can repsect you opinion Clem. And I have no problem with anyones view as long as they accept mine too. But you say when the hormones kicked in girls just became interesting. Can you tell me that absolutely none of that instinct isn't from life experience and environment. IE of seeing girls on TV, watching your parents, etc etc.
The amount of homsexual activity in US prisons is certainly a factor of environment.

How would you explain myself then?? I was raised in a very strict house. My parents started dating at 15, were married by the age of 21 and have never been with anyone else.

I was never allowed to watch trashy TV. No neighbours, no friends, nothing. I had no homosexual influence in my life. No gay friends or family or exposure in the media.

However.... i knew from a young age i was different. This manifested to an understanding about my sexuality. So my environmental factors certainly had NOTHING to do with my sexuality.

Homosexual activity in US prisons is totally different. The majority of these cases is sexual gratification in a limited environment. There are no women to have sex with, so naturally they turn to each other. I am sure most of these men if given the chance would sleep with women. And i am also sure that if not in prison would never have had a sexual experience with another man.

good on you wallypod for sticking up for what you believe in!

and you do have a valid point for the horse comment.

I mean where does it stop???? can i marry my sister??? my mum???? my Dad????? my aunt??? my uncle with benifits????

look fair enough that gay people would like to be entitiled to there partners super annuation ect ect and thats fine but marrige?? i dont think so if you want to be married by a religion that does not agree with homosexuality.

It's just another trend like emos, ipods and yoyos. They'll get over it when another new exciting fad comes along. The worlds a mess anyway..so I doubt a couple of blokes walking down an aisle in skirts will make much of a difference. It is pretty gross and un-natural though.

Oh stop your whinging because people dont agree with you guys.

I'm not sure you understand the concepts of 'proof', 'theory' and 'evidence'. There is mounting evidence, and has been for quite some time, of the genetic links to homosexuality, along with all manner of human conditions/predispositions. If you choose to ignore that evidence I doubt I, or anyone else will have much luck in achieving meaningful discourse with you.

The links I posted were the first few of about 58,000 hits on the subject. I totally agree that nothing there is fact, in so much as the theory of gravity is also not a 'fact'.

:rolleyes: as I suspected

good on you wallypod for sticking up for what you believe in!

and you do have a valid point for the horse comment.

I mean where does it stop???? can i marry my sister??? my mum???? my Dad????? my aunt??? my uncle with benifits????

look fair enough that gay people would like to be entitiled to there partners super annuation ect ect and thats fine but marrige?? i dont think so if you want to be married by a religion that does not agree with homosexuality.

cheers

How would you explain myself then?? I was raised in a very strict house. My parents started dating at 15, were married by the age of 21 and have never been with anyone else.

I was never allowed to watch trashy TV. No neighbours, no friends, nothing. I had no homosexual influence in my life. No gay friends or family or exposure in the media.

However.... i knew from a young age i was different. This manifested to an understanding about my sexuality. So my environmental factors certainly had NOTHING to do with my sexuality.

Homosexual activity in US prisons is totally different. The majority of these cases is sexual gratification in a limited environment. There are no women to have sex with, so naturally they turn to each other. I am sure most of these men if given the chance would sleep with women. And i am also sure that if not in prison would never have had a sexual experience with another man.

Ilove Midnight express, but If I was banged up for life, my butress would not be breeched, unless their were a hell of a lot of smokes involved...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back