My beef with our gay rights!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WELL WELL it honestly sadens me that some of you feel this way even though it is now 2010 ...WHY do some still compare GAY life styles with SICK ABUSERS such as kiddie fiddlers and animal rapists?????????? WE ARE TALKING ABOUT TWO concenting adults that share the same values and views LIKE YOU AND I and if you didnt think about what went on in the privacy of their bedroom THEY ARE EXACTLY THE SAME HUMANS!! ...why shouldnt they have the same rights as YOU and I ?
anal sex isnt just done with two GAY blokes ...plenty of hetro sexuals out there that do that deed ...does that make them CLOSET GAYS NOW? so if you can accept that anal is simply a sex act that ANYONE CAN DO then that blows that argument out of the water ...adopting children or lesbians and gays sharing the responsibility of a child/children together if these kids are raised in a happy and healthy household ..how can that be wrong? plenty of kiddies that have a mum n dad that live a nightmare everyday with their hetrosexual parents now ..so that argument is also GONE ...

MOST Gays might not care about the paper but as I said its all the legal rights as a couple that they miss out on ,not being recognised as next of kin or on legal adoption of children is where it peeves me the most ...I doubt my son would ever want to be married in a church now or any type of religious hype ceremony .but I would like him TO BE ABLE TO CHOOSE not some backward government...

AND FINALLY PEADOFILES ALSO ARE OF THE HETRO SEXUAL KIND YOU WILL FIND THAT MOST % OF THESE SICK WARPED HUMANS ARE ACTUALLY MARRIED MEN WITH CHILDREN OF THEIR OWN NOW ....so that BLOWS that out of the water now too ...

You are forgetting most people don't even use logic in their beliefs.
Legal rights should have nothing to do with religion , at least you are cluey about it!

. from an evolutionist view doesnt make much sense either as 2 of the same gender cant breed.

How do you know this is not a very smart move in evolution??? The population on this earth is ever increasing, maybe being homosexual is a means to prevent even more people breeding???????

also from a social science point of view a child needs a healthy example of both male and female as parents not 2 of the same gender. save your pity for some one else.

Oh please.... how many children now have a stable family life? of 2 LOVING parents? Not many, speak to the kids at school and the majority will tell you of single parent life. How can 2 LOVING same sex parents be considered detrimental OR UNHEALTHY?. I am sure they will grow up to be more accepting and open minded and socially adjusted individuals.

I don't know where you guys get the energy to care that other people don't agree with you! Live and let live, humanity has persevered through these issues for thousands of years. Just enjoy your lives. Chill.

Jay, God just realized very early on in your life that with your hot body, chiseled jaw line and rippling abs, he (or she) had to make you gay otherwise World War Jay would erupt in all the women folk throughout the world.

It was just easier this way and it give the rest of the guys in the world a chance.

How would you explain myself then?? I was raised in a very strict house. My parents started dating at 15, were married by the age of 21 and have never been with anyone else.

I was never allowed to watch trashy TV. No neighbours, no friends, nothing. I had no homosexual influence in my life. No gay friends or family or exposure in the media.

However.... i knew from a young age i was different. This manifested to an understanding about my sexuality. So my environmental factors certainly had NOTHING to do with my sexuality.

Homosexual activity in US prisons is totally different. The majority of these cases is sexual gratification in a limited environment. There are no women to have sex with, so naturally they turn to each other. I am sure most of these men if given the chance would sleep with women. And i am also sure that if not in prison would never have had a sexual experience with another man.

Oh please.... how many children now have a stable family life? of 2 LOVING parents? Not many, speak to the kids at school and the majority will tell you of single parent life. How can 2 LOVING same sex parents be considered detrimental OR UNHEALTHY?. I am sure they will grow up to be more accepting and open minded and socially adjusted individuals.

I posted this link earlier, but it does have some interesting theories about why homosexuality may have been preserved through our genetic code.

[video=youtube;MHDCAllQgS0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHDCAllQgS0[/video]

you know what, i give up. it doesnt matter what i have to say, coz at the end of the day all you who get their nickers in a twist over my dislike for gay marriage are more bigoted than you think i am. just coz its 2010 and it is socially acceptable does not make it right.
you want freedom from religion i want freedom of speech. seems we cant have everything we want can we.

Hey everyone, just thought I would say that this topic has been very interesting for me for both sides of the argument. It's something I have never thought of before but now, as I grow up it's something I should become involved in. I'm 14 and have been gay all my life. I’ve known since I was little that I liked the same sex but it wasn't until a few months ago that I started to tell others. I have always been called gay and faggots even before I told anyone. I never take anything by those names, it happens daily and I just laugh it off. Although suicide has always popped up in my head. It would be so easy to do it. Just to leave everything and not worry. But what does that prove? It would wreck my family and friends. I could never leave those things behind, even if it's the easy way out.

I used to wish I would like girls, even if it was just for a year. I just wanted to fit in with others. I wanted to be able to make friends with guys and not just get nervous around them. I wanted to have guys as friends. Not just girls. All that would of made my life so much easier.

I don't worry about that anymore. I have friends who are true friends, yes I may have lost some friends when coming out but I didn't care. I respect that some people disagree but I wish they would ease up on the bullying. As I have many friends, I don't get the full effect of bullying but obviously it’s horrible for others. No one should be abused so much that they have to kill themselves. Especially at a young age like me.

We all do things differently, we shouldn't be judged but that's life. People need to grow up and stop following the crowd. Start to accept people. It doesn't matter if you are white, black, fat, slim or whatever, just keep things to your selves.
Im not sure about gay rights as it is never anything I have looked into. If gay adoption and marriage was legal then it would be good. Although I don’t think I would adopt. Not with this attitude towards gays still around. Thank you for this thread, it has been a learning curve for me.

Thanks from,
The gay 14 year old :)

you know what, i give up. it doesnt matter what i have to say, coz at the end of the day all you who get their nickers in a twist over my dislike for gay marriage are more bigoted than you think i am. just coz its 2010 and it is socially acceptable does not make it right.
you want freedom from religion i want freedom of speech. seems we cant have everything we want can we.

And the rest of Australia who disagree with you want FREEDOM FROM DISCRIMINATION!

When you want to disdriminate against someone because of their sexuality makes you the bigot. Not those of us supporting equal rights.

Jay, God just realized very early on in your life that with your hot body, chiseled jaw line and rippling abs, he (or she) had to make you gay otherwise World War Jay would erupt in all the women folk throughout the world.

It was just easier this way and it give the rest of the guys in the world a chance.

Oh Gordo i do love you.... in a very homo erotic way lol

I think you have the right to disagree and disapprove of gay marriage all you like. You can shout it from the rooftops, from balconies in parliament if you so choose.

I do not however, think you have the right to stop Adam marrying Steve.

EDIT: Terrible analogy time!

I hate mushrooms. I despise them, I truly find them unnatural and disturbing and question the sanity of all those who willingly eat them. I even go so far as to loudly proclaim my hatred for fungi if someone should order them in my presence at a restaurant.
The difference is I fully and wholeheartedly support your or anyone elses rights to eat the revolting things whenever they damn well please.

Very brave post champ. I applaud you for making it. I hope the people against equal rights can read your post and learn from it.

Hey everyone, just thought I would say that this topic has been very interesting for me for both sides of the argument. It's something I have never thought of before but now, as I grow up it's something I should become involved in. I'm 14 and have been gay all my life. I’ve known since I was little that I liked the same sex but it wasn't until a few months ago that I started to tell others. I have always been called gay and faggots even before I told anyone. I never take anything by those names, it happens daily and I just laugh it off. Although suicide has always popped up in my head. It would be so easy to do it. Just to leave everything and not worry. But what does that prove? It would wreck my family and friends. I could never leave those things behind, even if it's the easy way out.

I used to wish I would like girls, even if it was just for a year. I just wanted to fit in with others. I wanted to be able to make friends with guys and not just get nervous around them. I wanted to have guys as friends. Not just girls. All that would of made my life so much easier.

I don't worry about that anymore. I have friends who are true friends, yes I may have lost some friends when coming out but I didn't care. I respect that some people disagree but I wish they would ease up on the bullying. As I have many friends, I don't get the full effect of bullying but obviously it’s horrible for others. No one should be abused so much that they have to kill themselves. Especially at a young age like me.

We all do things differently, we shouldn't be judged but that's life. People need to grow up and stop following the crowd. Start to accept people. It doesn't matter if you are white, black, fat, slim or whatever, just keep things to your selves.
Im not sure about gay rights as it is never anything I have looked into. If gay adoption and marriage was legal then it would be good. Although I don’t think I would adopt. Not with this attitude towards gays still around. Thank you for this thread, it has been a learning curve for me.

Thanks from,

Artificial insemination? Mobiles? Cars? Computers?
We went to the moon for christs sake. If you're sitting at a computer and whinging about homosexuality being 'unatural' you should probably throw out your PC and start learning how to hunt for your own food.

Funny how alot of christians seem to use the term 'unatural' to describe homosexuality, didn't one of their rulers magically come back from the dead? Zombie Jesus?

I always wondered how gay marriage wasn't approved and forgotten about by now but i slowly realised that so called open minded people might not be as open minded as they claim. Alot of them keep quiet about it because they know these days gay marriage has alot of supporters so they don't want to be badgered for saying something negative. They also don't want to try and debate it because in the end they normally come out short of reasons why a man shouldn't be able to marry another man.

I've heard people use the excuse of it being a traditional christian act between a man and a woman. That's like saying i can't eat chinese food because i'm not from china.

I can't believe that there are still people out there that care enough to be so against it, to the point where they would stand up and fight the issue when it has NO impact on them what so ever.

Thanks from,

An articulate post from an obviously mature young man.
I to applaud you.

Thanks from,

Awesome! just be yourself... some people at 50 haven't even got where you are mentally!
Go for gold Tiger!

The two post from Hypocondroac and imalizard are great.

Kudo's goes out to the 14 old who actually thinks with his head
Takes guts.

I've heard people use the excuse of it being a traditional christian act between a man and a woman. That's like saying i can't eat chinese food because i'm not from china.

That's the best thing I've read all day. I just fell a little bit in love with you. <3

I'm a Christian, and I hate it when I see gay people being mistreated. I know people who are gay, one is in my family. If any idiot tried to give him that 'it's a choice' crap, I think I'd put them through the wall! People need to learn how to shut up and mind their own business!!!

if it wasn't a choice why are there suddenly more gay people than ever before?
I could be gay, but I choose not to be...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back