My beef with our gay rights!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
if it wasn't a choice why are there suddenly more gay people than ever before?

I don't believe there are more, I believe most are no longer as scared to say so now. Which is a good thing in my opinion.

so are you saying I can't decide to be gay? What if that's what I want? But I wasn't born with it?

I could be gay, but I choose not to be...

Well i don't know about you, but back in the 50's i wouldn't of fancied being beaten straight.

Artificial insemination? Mobiles? Cars? Computers?
We went to the moon for christs sake. If you're sitting at a computer and whinging about homosexuality being 'unatural' you should probably throw out your PC and start learning how to hunt for your own food.

Funny how alot of christians seem to use the term 'unatural' to describe homosexuality, didn't one of their rulers magically come back from the dead? Zombie Jesus?

I've heard people use the excuse of it being a traditional christian act between a man and a woman. That's like saying i can't eat chinese food because i'm not from china.

But there is nothing in Chinese culture that says that Anglosaxon people cant eat chinese food.

The christan faith clearly states it is against homosexuality.

The christan faith clearly states it is against homosexuality.

With all due respect, the Christian faith, along with some other religions have a lot to answer for....

Having said that though, religion does not, and should not, have any place in this discussion. In my opinion

Last edited:
I don't believe there are more, I believe most are no longer as scared to say so now. Which is a good thing in my opinion.

I agree. People were simply too frightened of what would happen to them if they said anything. I've seen the struggles men go through when they're discovering who they are. Some of them try very hard to fight it and can end up suicidal or with severe mental problems, and it's all because they're afraid of what people will think and how they'll be treated.

Because things are slowly changing and people don't have to be as scared as we have in the past. As society becomes more accepting people don't have to hide who they are.

Awesome! just be yourself... some people at 50 haven't even got where you are mentally!
Go for gold Tiger!

Ain't that the truth! Oh that some of the other 14 year olds here had some of that common sense... and balls! The world needs more like you buddy! (imalizard that is!)

Jamie.

So you are saying they have a choice now?

She's saying they now have more of a choice to say openly that they are gay. She didn't mention anything about choosing to BE gay. I'm not sure what you get out of stirring the pot so hard. Whatever point you're trying to make isn't particularly clear.

redbellybite, thank you for starting this thread its good to see so many people seem to have a positive attitude towards gay marriage. it gives me hope that one day when i want to marry the guy that i love, i might just be able to do it. i was also very lucky to have very understanding parents and a few select friends who have supported me. my grandparents, some family members and most of supposed freinds turned on me though, i have heard just about every bad thing about me being gay that you can imagine, most from my own family. To those that think its a choice, do you really think i chose to have most of my family hate me, to be called very insulting names, to be discriminated against and to have to be careful if i walk down the street by myself. i have already had many beatings because of something that i have no control over. i would like to see some of the people that give me hell go through what i have been through and see how they hold up.

Maybe because times are SLOWLY changing, and it is more acceptable for gay people to lead a gay life. In the past, gay people would marry, have kids.... live a lie.

Does this answer your question?

i would like to see some of the people that give me hell go through what i have been through and see how they hold up.

+1. Much easier to be an P.C. moral thug when you can walk down the street hand in hand with your partner without the risk of being spat on.

And spat on if you're lucky.

LOL correct just stirring the pot... I couldn't care if they get married or not :) I just entered the thread cause some guy was getting slammed for having an unpopular opinion. I like to take the the side of the under dog on most things. I'm dead bored and in an office watching the clock.
I do care about not having the same rights as the eastern states when it comes to reptile keeping. But much like the gays, the laws are out of my hands at present. At least they have numbers on their side. I find these threads interesting non the less to hear peoples views and ideas. And see those that have their own thoughts and those that follow the crowed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back