My beef with our gay rights!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am always amused by the liberal thinkers... preaching freedoms of speach and ideals, yet vehemently arguing the same freedoms, with those that do not agree with them.... It is obviously safe to assume that such freedoms are only afforded to, for lack of a better terms, those with new and often radical ideals (when compared to more conservative, and standing outlooks).

I dont care either way... just here to highlight, that every hypocrite has their day.

But there is nothing in Chinese culture that says that Anglosaxon people cant eat chinese food.

The christan faith clearly states it is against homosexuality.

Tell that to the priests found guilty of taking advantage of little boys.

(Sorry, couldn't resist).

+1. Much easier to be an P.C. moral thug when you can walk down the street hand in hand with your partner without the risk of being spat on.

And spat on if you're lucky.

pfft.. who hasn't spent a week in hospital because some kids took a dislike to the color of their skin. I got off easy compared to my friend Daniel who was with me and got a steel softball bat to his head and lived with brain damage for 6 years before he passed away due to complications from the bashing.
I think things are way better in 2010 than in the 1980's for all minoritys.

LOL correct just stirring the pot... I couldn't care if they get married or not :) I just entered the thread cause some guy was getting slammed for having an unpopular opinion. I like to take the the side of the under dog on most things. I'm dead bored and in an office watching the clock.
I do care about not having the same rights as the eastern states when it comes to reptile keeping. But much like the gays, the laws are out of my hands at present. At least they have numbers on their side. I find these threads interesting non the less to hear peoples views and ideas. And see those that have their own thoughts and those that follow the crowed.
I knew thats what you were up too lol. That or someone had hacked into your user account

pfft.. who hasn't spent a week in hospital because some kids took a dislike to the color of their skin. I got off easy compared to my friend Daniel who was with me and got a steel softball bat to his head and lived with brain damage for 6 years before he passed away due to complications from the bashing.
I think things are way better in 2010 than in the 1980's for all minoritys.

Haha, now you're gonna bring race into it as well?

Obvious troll is obvious.

With all due respect, the Christian faith, along with some other religions have a lot to answer for....

Having said that though, religion does not, and should not, have any place in this discussion. In my opinion
neither should atheism....guess we can all shut up then?

Where on earth did you get that from?

Oh yeah.. gay rights = good, pope = fruitloop.

What, where did my mother get her gay dog from or where did I get the idea that a lot of female animals have bisexual tendency? You havent seen what happens when a female animal is in heat then lol xD Some things extend further than shows of dominance and slip right into pure sexual enjoyment. We humans aren't the only ones that enjoy it. :) I bet your text books don't tell you that ;)

Lol yeah. Sadly the story has some truth in it but stirring the pot with a racial angle. :p
Guilty as charged.

just coz its 2010 and it is socially acceptable does not make it right.
you want freedom from religion i want freedom of speech. seems we cant have everything we want can we.

...and just because your bible states that it is wrong, that does not make it so either. :rolleyes:

You can have your freedom of speech - no one is debating that. The fact that religious people feel as though they have the right to impose beliefs upon others, and that homosexuals are denied rights that others are entitled to, based on your religious texts, is the problem here.

You can disagree all you like, but I am firmly against religion having any place within our legal system.

Back fire? What, am i supposed to be convincing people like you to become more understanding? I'm not that optimistic.

Marriage is not strictly a christian thing anymore. A man and a woman who don't believe in god are entitled to be married. Plenty of people these days have 'non christian' type weddings.

Gays arn't trying to prevent straight people from being married, they just want the same option for themselves, i don't see anything hypocritical about it.

The local skin heads and my lovely chocolate complexion just weren't a good mix growing up.

i didnt put my opinion in to start a crap storm, just putting it out there because silly me thought that with all these "tolerant" people on here though it is unpopular would have at least been accepted. i am not asking for you to join me, im not forcing my beliefs or opinions on you. just sharing what i believe, what i have written was never angry or hateful, just a different way of looking at a very contentious issue. so instead of beating up people coz they have different opinions, listen, try to understand and i will do the same.

...and just because your bible states that it is wrong, that does not make it so either. :rolleyes:

You can have your freedom of speech - no one is debating that. The fact that religious people feel as though they have the right to impose beliefs upon others, and that homosexuals are denied rights that others are entitled to, based on your religious texts, is the problem here.

You can disagree all you like, but I am firmly against religion having any place within our legal system.

large portion of our laws are biblicaly based. stealing, murder, etc......do you wish to get rid of these coz the bible says it?

No the backfire was someone said something like "Christians don't believe in homosexuality" and you said something like "tell that to the priests that molest little boys" which insinuated that pedophile priests are homosexuals.

The gay issue should be disregarded the same way biblical study was at public schools.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back