easter herping (found photo's)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AllThingsReptile

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
well, every easter we go camping with family, to north east vic.. the place we go is between Wentworth and Mildura

i had my mate james with me, and both of us being herp lovers, the whole two weeks we were herping and fishing

here are some pix :)

there were also lots of shinglebacks, but everytime we found one, we didnt have the camera, we also saw dragons basking on the road, but didnt get a good look, we didnt even see one snake or monitor :(

here's the link: [video=youtube;p9gHbebCkBs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9gHbebCkBs&feature=youtube_gdata[/video]

Horrible music, I am guessing you were stripping bark to find the geckos, did you just leave it on the ground or nail it back on?

How much for the tub of geckos?

Lizard boy I know you where having fun but you shouldnt really catch 50 wild geckos and put them in one chinese container just for photos' plus photos of them in there natural habitat always looks better :)

Horrible music, I am guessing you were stripping bark to find the geckos, did you just leave it on the ground or nail it back on?

How much for the tub of geckos?
uh, yeh sometimes stripping bark, but also just lifting it slightly and peeking in, wich id a nasty suprise when the bark contains a huntsmen, also music is good, do you like horses screaming into a mic??

Lizard boy I know you where having fun but you shouldnt really catch 50 wild geckos and put them in one chinese container just for photos' plus photos of them in there natural habitat always looks better :)
yeh, if we wanted natural photo's we would have taken the camera at night, they are VERY active during the night :)
by the way.....there were 30 ;)

when we go next year, me and james will get on our bikes, and follow the road for a couple of k's, see what we can find
there were definately monitors around, as there were marking of feet and a long tail lol, and the tell tale snake tracks were there as well, we also found a monitor skeleton, not too big but yeh....would sand monitors be up there?

edit: just found sand monitor distrubution, yes they are there

anybody got any tips with finding any of the following herps?
death adders
sand monitors
central bearded dragon
central netted dragon
painted dragon
have checked distribution charts, all are in the area (death adders are a little away, but last year we found the shed skin of a death adder)

are bredli's found in the mildura area??
cant find a distribution chart

will also be looking for MD's as we camp along the darling river

must say im quite a fan of the song in your video Bliss for life =D

woo i get to drive 4 hours to pick up my new gecko tomorrow an then another 4 hours home yay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back