Schoolies...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kristy_07

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
This maternal thing took over and I had to post this.... :D

HAVE FUN YOU DUMB KIDS!! :lol:

BUT, keep a couple of things in mind.... (from a long-time volunteer with the help services on the Goldie ;))

-Drink some water - 2L before starting on brews, 2L before bed (you'll love me for this advice if you follow it, I promise!)

-Stay with your mates!!

-Don't leave your drink unattended - if you do, GET A NEW ONE!

-If you get into trouble, or one of your mates does, go to the ambos, red frog guys, or the water station (DrugArm) - they will help you, give you med treatment if needed, get you back to your accomm if needed, and THEY WON'T RING THE COPS OR YOUR PARENTS!!

-DON'T TAKE DRUGS - but if you do, make sure you're not paying $40 for a Travacalm or cold&flu :lol: If you feel sick AT ALL, go to the water station or the ambos - they will help you, not dob you in!

The services are there to make it a great week for you, so don't be afraid to use them :) Have a really bloody great time - sorry I can't be there with you (to give you water and hold vomit bags in front of your face!) this year ;)

I'm so glad my kids never bothered/don't care about going down there :D

I'm heading up there for the week. Though I like to think I am sensible - and really not a big drinker so I shouldn't have too much trouble, staying out of trouble! I am also very, very mindful of my health.

lol no matter how much you tell 70% of the kids they will still drink. to impress the friends and they leave with lovely memories

I never said don't drink ;)

The volunteer services down there are fantastic... things are set up so that even if they DO drink excessively, or even take drugs, they can't get themselves into too much "real world" trouble... there are people to help them EVERYWHERE! Have fun, it's what the week is about.

Although there is a large portion that go and demolish themselves on alcohol and drugs, a huge part of the problem is the absolute spastics that go there with the sole intention of creating as many fights as possible. Get a life.

Unfortunately all the advice and warnings in the world won't stop many of them, they have to learn from their own mistakes. Drinking too much, having bad drug experiences and fighting are all things they will have to find their own way through, most won't listen to a word of heartfelt advice from those that have been there and done that. But it would be worse not to try, and they will all grow up eventually and have their kids put them through the same anxiety. Haha the circle of life ey?

I'm a teen and I hate the taste of any alcohol, and the idea of drugs. Hope it stays that way for when I become a schoolie!

It's not all that great.

Girl in my year got raped, another one broke her ankle when she got hit by a car. It's a lot of fun, but just not worth it ($1k for a hotel room I could be spending on a reptile.)

some people like to spend their money on stuff like schoolies i encourage them as there will be more reps for me

lol still, even if not on reps $1k gets you over to NZ for some sight seeing (if you do it right.)

I went last year.
In all honestly I think that everyone reacts to this event without sounding blunt rude or arrogant.
Theres about 30 000 kids there every year. A lot MORE could go wrong.

Also all the fights and crap like that are caused by toolies. FULL STOP. It's mostly just media hype that's targeting parents and the older generation
With drinking, your kidding your self if you think your kiddies arn't. Most of us were drinking by them time we were 13-14
It's not to impress my mates or get chicks in-fact it severely decreases my chances of picking up.
It just helps us have a good time.

I had a great time at schoolies, I had times when I was walking the streets at 3-4am trying to find my home and I didn't feel at all in danger.

I was also there that night on the beach where I watched the 20 something year old man die.
We thought it was just some dude going for swim.
Turned out he was a toolie trying to get into the beach party.

Yes the organizations that Kristy mentioned do a wonderful job. But if you dont go around looking for fights and have your mates there with you, you won't need them.

Just keep in mind that this might be last time you can see all your school friends at once.
have a great time.
I did.

Did you hear on the radio that they confiscated 38kg of drugs going through to schoolies?

Anyway..I was gonna go 3 years ago but then decided to go down to straddy instead. Heaps better imo.

+1 toolie

Except i'll be undercover as a mere employee, praying on the youngins ;) This way i dont look so suspicious.....

Kidding of course :)

lol no matter how much you tell 70% of the kids they will still drink. to impress the friends and they leave with lovely memories
Depends how much they drink?
Some will only remember them being there from some embarassing pix on facebook.. or failblog. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back