New enclosure. From this...to this...to this!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You might be wondering just who all of this effort is for. You might notice in the bottom is a piece of cardboard in the bottom covering a click clack........

This is Phoenix. He's a Hypo Coastal juvie from Pimms Pythons. Thanks Simon, he's a little rippa!!!!;):D

Post shed 11 Oct 2010.jpg

Tomorrow I'll let him explore a bit and see what he thinks of his new digs. Don't think I'll actually let him out for good for just a little while yet.

Cheers

Mick

pencil.png

cant remember the brand i used the cheap stuff being my 1st go just sticking with basics and trying things as it's for a temp enclosure lol also fyi clarks rubber sell styrofoam so could also hit them up and see what they have for glueing.

should have finished rendering mine today and can hopefuly start painting tomorrow and adding the sand cant wait for it to be finished

Looks great! I created a rock wall for 1 section of my beardie enclosure a few weeks ago, I am now collecting foam for the second section. You have given me a few tips in which ill try. Thanks heaps! Looks Great! Keep it up!
Eamonn

I used liquid nails High Strength Fast as it's designed to work with poly styrene. Didn't have any issues with it letting go at all.

if you want to vacation to melbourne, you have a bed at mine. so long as you make one of my enclosures look that good :p

Thanks everyone. Its good havin a crack at something. Even if you're not sure how its gonna work out. Very satisfying.;)

Cheers

Mick

thats better michael, looks good. Just check that the heat lamp does not melt the foam next to it, it looks pretty close.

ooohhh hmmm i didnt think of that 1 lol will have to see how mine goes may have to take some of that wall out lol as the 1 im makeing for my beardies is back and almost both sides

That's amazing, you did a great job! What a spoiled snake :D

Yeah it will need to be moitored, the next month will be a trial until I release him fully. I'm still working on the right wattage globe.

l have found with some of my tall enclosures that they get a bit cool down the bottom . Another , lower , heat source fixes this . Might not be a prob in QLD . Looks great .

l have found with some of my tall enclosures that they get a bit cool down the bottom . Another , lower , heat source fixes this . Might not be a prob in QLD . Looks great .
Dont worry about them being cool down the bottom as long as they have a basking area in the warm top part as well. If it doesnt like the cold it wont hang out there, but you will probably find it enjoys having such a large heat gradient

Ben's right. For most of the year its at least24/25c inside. Part of the reason I moved here.:)

He spent a few hours with free access and he seemed to enjoy exploring all the nooks and crannies.

exploring 001.jpg exploring 003.jpg exploring 002.jpg

exploring 004.jpg

Finally found a place to sit and watch everything. He'd better make the most of it as he won't fit there for much longer.;)

exploring 006.jpg exploring 005.jpg
exploring 007.jpg exploring 008.jpg

Thanks for all the feedback. Soon it'll be time to start working on one for my Bredli.

Cheers

Mick

dont you hate it when you spend all this time on making a nice backdrop with ledges and they sit on top of it haha:D
looks good mate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back