URGENT - Baby Hopping mice - separate dad??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

parsons

Not so new Member
Reaction score
We are new to the Mitchell Hopping Mice game. We have just discovered that we are proud parents. Do we need to separate the dad? If so how soon.

no need to separate, they are fine together. keep the food up to them the babies develop quickly.

Thanks for that...we were hoping they'd breed and was so suprised to see them today! Is there anything special we need to do besides the food?

i just give them plenty of mixed wild bird seed, chopped carrot, apple, fresh grass (they love the ones that are seeding) never had one drown but i keep the water dish a little shallower. good luck with them, i started with 6 and now have them coming out of my ears!

evil little things i had a pair of them then 4 pairs then 8 on and on =D just what ever you do, do not let them get out!

Hey, yeah they will be fine. Although saying that i had my Colony of Spinifex mice and once i found the others had eaten a baby one, all was left was the head .. :(

When is ok to start handling the young?
Do we need to separate all the young later so they dont breed together?

We are new to the Mitchell Hopping Mice game. We have just discovered that we are proud parents. Do we need to separate the dad? If so how soon.
l would love to see pics if possible....solar 17 [Baden]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back