No poop.. ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lloydy

Reaction score
Hey guys,
So my female CBD, 8 months old hasnt pooed for about 9 days now.. which is odd for her, extremely odd, she used to poo atleast once every 2 days.

She is on a sand substrate, which i am removing this weekend as i find it to messy to work with, but her food is located on a shelf with no sand, and i dont feed her on the tub.

Ive given her regular baths, massaging her stomach slightly but still nothing...

She has gone off her food at all, still eating a like a pig, but just dosnt seem to want to come out the other end.

Any thoughts?

Temps are fine, UV tube im using is a nec - t 10 probaly 3 months old at the most..

Cheers,

Hi - I agree, give her a warm bath, not too deep, don't leave her unattended. The idea is that the lizard will absorb water through the cloaca. When CBDs consume a lot of crickets, this can bind them up quite a bit, so absorption of water via the cloaca can help.
To aid this not happening again, feed some vegies also. My baby CBDs don't like their vegies, so they are fed by hand, and between crickets, they take pieces of vegetable. Small pieces of apple help also, due to the fibre content.

Ive given her a bath everynight since, mayb ill step it up to a couple a day though..

Got a feeling its going to be a large horrible smell when she finaly does it! lol

- Thanks montay, i give her baths regaruly but ill step it up to a couple times a day..

Lloydy, one more thing, is she tending to almost stand on her toes with what appears to be arching of the back? This may indicate an impaction.

Lloydy, one more thing, is she tending to almost stand on her toes with what appears to be arching of the back? This may indicate an impaction.

i was going to say the same...
impaction isnt nessecarily caused by sand only. it can be slightly caused by other things, such as too many crickets as montay suggested.

Nope, not at all..

I have noticed that her basking has decreased though, she spends most of the time chilling on the log thats in the middle of her tank.
Hmm..

If my beardie hasn't gone for a while and a bath doesn't work, 20 minutes out in the sun almost always does the trick.

Hi, if it's that long, I'd be getting a touch worried at this point.
May I suggest u stop all food, live + veg, buy some apple baby food (4-6mths) & when you're giving her warm soaks twice a day, get as much of the apple baby food into her as u can (smear a little bit on her nose & mouth with a tiny needleless syringe, once she starts licking just keep a constant supply up to her). Make sure the temps at the basking are up to the 40-44C & run these for 12-14 hrs a day - keep all this up until she poos.
If she hasn't pooed after about 2 days of this, please let us know.
Watch for any back leg paralysis - hope it doesn't come to that though!
Good luck, let us know how u get on!

Thanks for the replies.
I haven fed her today, so when i get home from work ill go and get some baby food and give that a shot.

I built an outside enclosure a couple of weeks ago, took her out monday and tuesday as temps were great outside, but no luck with the pooing.

Ill keep you updated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back