Live or die

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

crikeymate

Not so new Member
Reaction score
I have a Bredli that has a respiratory infection (since March) we have done all we can, xrays, antibiotics, blood tests. Her red cells are real low. She still eats but takes a while to pass her food, 15-18 days. Her wind-pipe is narrow and her spleen is enlarged due to the antibiotics. She is still semi-active and can support her own weight. She looks good. If not for the wheezeing you would not know she is ill. Should I have her put down or wait till she starts to deteriorate. Or could she go on for another few years.

What sort of basking temps does it have access to? Seems like a long time to be suffering from a resp infection without dropping dead or pulling through to me.

My Childreni had a respiratory problem last year, I placed her on a heat mat and kept her pretty warm for around 6 months, you wouldnt know her now, she is healthy and eating vigorously, she must of been run down for a time.

the question is does she seem to be in pain or suffering.......if she still seems to be fighting....id hang in there....have you tried a second opinion from another herp vet ?

She does not seem to be in pain, I can handle her fine. Temp around 34C and our vet was suggested by Healesville Sanctuary. I'll give a heat mat a try and see how it turns out.

she needs to be really warm to fight it

fingers crossed for you...we are coming inot summer so hopefully with the warmer temps she can really start to recover..the fact she is eating is a very good sign...if she wasnt eating.....you would be in real trouble

find a vet that has seen this b4..not one that has read it in a book ...mate had the same thing...they took his pythons for about a week and had it in a special tank with a humidifier etc etc an he still has the pythons today and he is going great !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back