symtops of snake bites (Whip snake) please help

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
agree with D on that one ....oh and snakeluvver dont get this misunderstanding that if its a small elapid it isnt as dangerous ...BIG MISTAKE!!!

SMALL CAN KILL ....
Okay sorry, on the DERM website they say small whipsnakes arent a threat, as their fangs are so small. And I'm not saying small elapids arent deadly. I know Copperheads and Death Adders can kill although they're small.

Not so much a venom rush it's potassium that builds up in your blood stream and may cause a cardiac arrest this is known as hyperkalaemia or crush syndrome plus tourniquets will also cause damage to the limb if not delta with correctly.

Not so much a venom rush it's potassium that builds up in your blood stream and may cause a cardiac arrest this is known as hyperkalaemia or crush syndrome plus tourniquets will also cause damage to the limb if not delta with correctly.

Yeah I heard that. Anyway, it doesnt matter with either, just simply DO NOT USE TOURNIQUETS!

"****ty spider" sounds like the best bet to me! I would have thought any snake would leave more than two puncture wounds.

You should have looked for the snake and killed it. Then when you go to hospital they know what bit you. It will bite someone again now cause it has the taste for human.

You should have looked for the snake and killed it. Then when you go to hospital they know what bit you. It will bite someone again now cause it has the taste for human.

oh yes, come on everyone, grab your torch and pitch forks and lets hunt down snakes that may have possibly bit someone as they now have the taste for human flesh. You do realise the hospital doesnt need the snake to know what bit you? They have a thing called a venom detection kit which can narrow it down and help with prescribing the right anti-venom without having to kill anything.

I wonder how many people would disagree with a whacking day

OH WHACKING DAY OH WHACKING DAY!

What? DO NOT elavate! That makes the venom rush to the heart!

Also, a good thing to do is apply pressure bandage. If the bite is on the hand, the bandage MUST go up to the shoulder. If on the foot, the bandage MUST go up to the thigh.

I have replied with the symptoms as requested and included what to do if you were bitten by a yellow faced whip some hours ago. I can assure you my information is based embarrassingly on intimate knowledge.
The bite site is elevated because it is very sore.
The information is not for snakebite in general and in no way intended as first response.

Oh yeah cos snakes are such bloodthirsty maneating creatures now arent they :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back