How late are your antaresia this season..?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Trouble

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Well, it's my first year of breeding this year, and I've read everything I could (on here and the trusty "Keeping & Breeding Aus Pythons")
What I have read is that antaresia should have layed by now and started to hatch later this month..? But my spotted hasn't layed yet.
She shed the last week of Oct, then started to get fatter. She has been showing all signs of being gravid e.g. basking on her back, not eating (offered a large weaner) and getting plump in her lower third. She currently hasn't showed any signs of having a pre-lay shed.
She's been quite active these past couple of weeks though, roaming her enclosure of a night, and stays in her lay box through the day. She doesn't even go in to her other hide in the enclosure.
Temps in her enclosure range between 28-33* through the day and get to about 21-22* of a night time.

I have been told that because of the colder winter/spring that a snakes are laying later in the season... but I keep seeing everyone's eggs on here, and I'm wondering what's going on with my girl..

Is there anything I can do? Am I getting worried for no reason? Please help! :oops::?

Trouble.

(a couple of pics of Dora in an inverted possition)
IMG_8505.jpgIMG_8548.jpg

Our Childrens only laid last Monday (the 29th).

I was getting worried on and off, wondering if she could be egg bound, pregnant at all (I knew she was, but started to doubt the symptoms :?)
As she is the first gravid python we have had, it was a little concerning....

I guess all you can do is keep good, detailed records and rely on them and your intincts to gauge whether there is a problem.

It will be interesting if its not only us ;)

Good luck with her :)

yeah seams a funny season this year i have one stiamon girl who was ment to lay on the 28th of november, but she is only just doing the belly roll now, and the other stismon girl is due to lay on the 28th of this month.

i blame all the rain we have had lol, but yeah definatly keep track of the dates
pre-lay shed , and all that and when you observe any change in he behaviour and so on.

wow, that is quite late in the season Shellfisch! Were all the eggs healthy? How many did she lay?

Yeah, I can understand why you would be worried, I know exactly how you feel. Yeah, I'm starting to doubt the symptoms, but she's definitely looking gravid. I really hope she's not egg bound, as this will be her first year too!

Yeah, I have been, and will be, keeping records :) and try to rely on my instincts haha.
I just hope nothing happens/goes wrong, as I'm going to be away for 10 days or so from tomorrow. My family is here to look after her, but I'm the main one in the family that looks after the reptiles. :s

Thanks, will keep you updated :)

wow, that is quite late in the season Shellfisch! Were all the eggs healthy? How many did she lay?

I just hope nothing happens/goes wrong, as I'm going to be away for 10 days or so from tomorrow. My family is here to look after her, but I'm the main one in the family that looks after the reptiles.

Ours only laid 3 good eggs. She laid two slugs the same day, but had laid several slugs over a period of two weeks prior, so that was extra confusing and worrying.
She had laid 8 healthy eggs last season with her previous owner.

The dad, on the other hand, it was his first mating. I'm not sure how that figures into anything.

That would be a worry if you are not home when yours lays.
I was concerned about that also, that ours may lay when my son wasn't home - because I didn't have a clue!
Anyway, 'touch wood', the 3 eggs she laid, all look good :D

aww bummer. still an alright clutch for a first year though :) hope they all hatch well! Good luck with them!

B U M P! Anyone else..?

Most of my ants have hatched. December eggs are quiet late, of only ever gotten them once two years ago and the eggs wern't great.

hey trouble, our stimmos here have just layed a weeks and a half ago all healthy eggs. one layed 7 and another 21 its jsut a weird season

if my mac lays on the same day after her pre lay as she did last year she will lay them on christmas day, when last year the eggs hatched on the 1 of jan

No-Two it seems Melbourne has had some normal weather this year then haha. Hope all your ants go well :)

Helikaon - Ohh okay, so your girls only just popped too... hmm pretty late then. great news they're all healthy eggs :)

BJC - wow that's late in the season too. Hope your girl goes well.

Thanks for the heads up guys. I will keep an eye on her and hope for the best :) thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back