Albino kookaburras found in north Queensland in a world-first discovery

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love one , I wonder if the blue still shows on there wings?

There's heaps of other white birds out there. I'm not sure i understand the attraction to retarded animals.

What a rare and stunning find now these bueatiful birds are even more special

Kookaburras - the natural predator of my snakes everytime i see one i think how many snakes have you eaten !!!

( snakes or other birds and kookaburras would have killed them because they have no camouflage)- as per the article -

i didnt think wildlife had hit teams around - well trained snake and bird kill teams ready to strike

Thats so amazing. they are so beautiful. does anyone think they will try to breed them?

If there are only 2 known and there a pair i think definatly try to breed one day and
Warra people love albinos because they are rre and bueatiful creatures

I'm not sure that I buy this "unreleasable" thing....I think the sanctuary just wants to keep them. But they are beautiful animals

Why breed it? It has no use in the wild.

Thats like saying white lions or white tigers have no use in the wild, they still eat the same prey, exhibit the same behaviours etc. so technically they still fill the same ecological niche as a normal kookaburra providing they survive - and we dont know if they do or not because we havent really searched for albino kookaburras.

But I think the breeding was more in reference to captive pet trade as you can keep kingfishers as pets in Australia. I would imagine and hope that you would need a license though.

hahaha good point D3pro re: cockatoos....I didnt even think of that argument :D

that article is wrong
here is a picture (it is not a good one)
i took it in 2003 at featerdale wildlife park when i did work experience there and they had it for a couple years before that and they were trying to breed it at the time, from memory im pretty sure they still had it last year when i was there, but unsure if they had bred it, it was housed with a mate that was normal.
from memory it was a male.

Attachments

• 100_3500.jpg
    100_3500.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 54
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back