Beardie eggs

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nico77

Reaction score
I was at my sons prep yesterday and saw a 30cm beardie laying eggs , the problem is she laid them in the middle of the play ground about 5cm under the ground . Im thinking about getting the eggs and incubating them so they have a chance of living and not getting squashed and bringing them back to the school when the have hatched so the kids can release them .

Im after your thoughts for what i should do ?

i know its not legal but i think its the right thing to do .

If i do get them would they be ok incubated in the sand they were laid in or would i be better of using the perlite mix or over water method ?
i have a incubator going at the moment with some jungle eggs so if i decide to get them i will put them in there .

cheers nico

I reckon you should get them
and it would be good to let the kids let them go

Last edited:
The laws are there for a reason - survival of the fittest.
It may seem heartless but there is no room for compassion in the wild.
Just my opinion, you are going to do what you want to do.

as to what Green_Buddy said with survival of the fittest yes that is tru but for the fact that they are in the middle of a playground posses a danger too them wich would not be there if they had been laid in a more natural environment.
i know it is against the law but by removing them and returning them there they will still be subjected to the survival of the fittest, so i cant help but think it would be best for them.

thanks for your opinions , i believe in survival of the fittest and letting mother nature do her thing but the school was built on there area and if it wasnt there , there would be a lot more chance of them not getting stood on or poked and proded by the kids .

I told a few kids to move back last night as they were poking the mother while she was trying to fill in the hole than they were trying to push the ground down with there feet and the reply was " its ok i hate lizzards " :/
i thought getting them to release the babies might incourage them to be more thought full towards our native animals as they grow up .

cheers nico

beardie nesting.jpg
here are some pics i took , thought some people might like to see how a wild beardie lays there eggs , i know i liked watching .

cheers nico

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back