Show us your ...

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Waterrat

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Admin and mods, can I make a suggestion?
Would it be possible to make a separate section for all the "SHOW US YOUR ....."?
These threads contain nothing else but photos with little or no information to speak of. I appreciate that lots of people like to look at pics of reptiles but these, the same threads keep coming back pushing other (more informative) threads into oblivion.
Does anyone else feel the same?

Michael

great idea. i personally love the 'show us your' threads but things do get lost.

i went on a different forum that was called livefish if anyone's herd of it its pretty much an fish forum
and it had a sections called "photo gallery" i think it would be better name than "show us your"

Last edited:
And how is the resale of one of your offspring 'more informative information'?

I for one like "show us your ......" threads. I don't see the point in the cat and dogs threads, but each their own.

First of all, sorry for typo in the title.
I am not against these threads at all, I love to look at pics from a photographer's point of view if nothing else. We have "Show us your" on just about every species under the sun and I feel it would be beneficial to all if they were slotted into one section, where they would be easy to find and navigate through. Just my opinion.

Kurto, my thread on re-sale serves as a warning to anyone considering buying this "imperfect" snake. I thought Pilbara Pythons' recent thread was very interesting but it's gone, while we have 3 "Show us your" on the front page.

3 of those show us your threads were from the SAME poster asking for the SAME pictures too! Slightly annoying lol

I agree, not because it pushes ''more important'' threads into oblivion, but it would be great for people who want to see diff species and diff locales to go to a certain section of this site and have photos galore !!!!

And how is the resale of one of your offspring 'more informative information'?

I for one like "show us your ......" threads. I don't see the point in the cat and dogs threads, but each their own.
personal as a consumer not a breeder i find a thread about a person breaking the 6month resell rule and selling under obviously sus situation is rather important. a hell of a lot more important than another "show us ya" thread.
a separate section would be good and will free up the main forum for more use full info,
people are posting use full info or threads with great debates and it gets flooded away with dribble.

+1 put them in a seperate section. I like them, lets me see who I need to contact to get stunning animals for next season. It would be better if they were centralised and easier to find in their seperate section.

For those who love just looking at photos it would be great if there was a different section,just for that...I love looking at photos also,but i wanna read informative threads,the majority of time most of the good ones are 10 pages back..IMO should be always on the first page etc..Theres quiet alot of ppl that dont know how to use the research button also..There needs to be a section,(like the 4 sale one )just for the photos...By the way Michael,seems were on the subject...wheres all your photos..lol...

Good idea but what you must remember each time a new post is added it still goes to the head of the 'Todays Post' at least it may stop the multiply show us thread being started as you could add to an existing one.

They are popular, never thought my show woma thread would be 38 pages but thats 38 pages of HOT womas for the woma fans :)

They are great threads and I think it would be even grater if they were
a/ in a separate section where tey're easy to find
b/ sorted, so there is only one Show us your per species
c/ people can adding photos for eternity without duplicating the same threads

They are great threads and I think it would be even grater if they were
a/ in a separate section where tey're easy to find
b/ sorted, so there is only one Show us your per species
c/ people can adding photos for eternity without duplicating the same threads

+1 come on mods make it happen :) (just don't delete my woma thread) :) :) :)

i would have to say sounds like a jolly good idea would make it much easier to find the pics relating to certain species

I agree but I'm also sick of seeing the same "show us your" threads being re posted 4 times a year by different users, doesn't any one do a search before they post these days?
If people want to see other peoples animals, there is another section away from all our other threads that has been there for some time, it's called a gallery.

Not just by different users; lately I've seen the same 'show us your' posted several different times by the same user but rephrased a little each time. It is getting grating, I'd enjoy seeing a separate section personally. Good idea!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back