how to worm snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonboy69

Reaction score
Does anyone worm your snakes and how do you go by doing it.Do you do it your self or must vet do it,how is it administed,were do you get it from,how often must you administer it etc.Thanks for all your inputs

i have wormer for all reptiles but have not had the need to use and for snakes it says to put it in their food

We use a product called repti-worm. Easily bought from most pet stores that have reptiles. We inject the snake's meal with the wormer, and then feed it to the snake. Easy as. We do ours once when we first buy the snake (just to be certain), then about every 3-5 months after that.

We use a product called repti-worm. Easily bought from most pet stores that have reptiles. We inject the snake's meal with the wormer, and then feed it to the snake. Easy as. We do ours once when we first buy the snake (just to be certain), then about every 3-5 months after that.
how much does it cost and about how many ml is it

Not necessary for captive bred snakes fed on domestic rodents, even if fed fresh-killed. Unless the rodents have access to snake faeces containing worm eggs, they can't get worms.

Jamie.

worming is always best if they have an empty stomach, i use a dosing needle and Worm out Gel. give 0.05ml per 100g body weight. i really only do it if something has worms. Cause i check faecal samples and do faecal egg floats. Mainly my lizards get wormed due to being fed live insects, e.g. crickets which can harbor parasites. and the ones that are in outdoor pits whihc probably eat anything that is unlucky enough to fall in.

I imagine it could get costly injecting rodents if the snake decides not to eat.
I'm with Jamie and furthermore don't think it's good practice to treat something that doesn't exist. I have only treated once for worms and that was after serious problems that could have resulted from parasite infestation, which would have been present when I purchased the animal.

Ive used worm out gel,i use the correct measurements in a syringe and then squirt it into a rodent,then feed the snake...SIMPLE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back