Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
hi simone.. mate that is really sad news.. I know how much brutus meant to you..
I really hope you get him and the diamond back.. there is one thing I hate more than anything else and thats theives..
Im going to make this thread a sticky so it stays up the top of this forum..
take care..

That is AWEFUL!!! I hope this doesn't sound silly but if he really is a novice about snakes might go into a local pet store to buy some kind of huge food and ask questions about his new acquisition.... You could possibly let some staff know to keep an ear out? They might be able to get his name at least or ask him casually where he works.... It is a long shot but worth a go.....

I hate reading stories like this, I hope you find resolution. It may be worth mentioning to the pest control company owner/manager that this has happened. Given the circumstances, the liklihood is high that this young bloke was involved. Best of luck with this awful situation!

God (the snake god) is watching and the culprit will be held accountable

Hope you get them back. Keep spreading the word till everyone knows. Karma is a great thing.

Have you reported this to the police? You need to give as much info as possible INCLUDING the young guys conversation with your father and photos of the missing animals. If the guy has form ( and it sounds like he is stupid enough ) then the police will know him and may have grounds for a search warrant. People who steal don't normally do it just once and are very rarely smart enough to avoid police attention.
Years ago my car was broken into and quite a bit of stuff taken ( though the damage to the car cost more ). The police seemed to take very little interest apart from the initial statement until I got a call to pick up my stuff. During my statement I asked " OH, did you know the tealeaf? " and the detective gave me a despairing look and said "We always know them!".

Worth contacting the pest control company management as well - there just might have been other complaints of theft after this operator has been on premises, and if there's a history...

Jamie.

That's awful news salebrusus, you must be devastated.
Being an optimist, I believe that the majority of people in Oz who keep reptiles are doing it 'by the book'. And at a more fundamental level, I think most people honestly despise thieves. With this in mind, I'm guessing that the snake-keeping community on the Fraser Coast is not massive, so would it be possible to get the word out to everyone, through friends of friends etc around that area? Posters up in all the places that snake food is sold, even on community noticeboards, in hardware stores, hairdressers, etc. SOMEONE around your area knows who has your snake - could you not appeal to the local community, being a fairly small one? The filthy scum who HAS stolen your snakes wouldn't have been able to help himself - he'd be showing off to his mates... and they'd be telling their girlfriends, who'd tell their friends, parents, and so on. Surely someone along this line would have the ethics to ring a number if they knew the snake was stolen? Never underestimate the good in the majority of people...
And as Fuscus said, the coppers might already have him in their sights (metaphorically speaking of course!). Please keep us informed of any outcomes, and cheers to Colin for making this thread sticky. REALLY hope you get them both back....
Nic

id send him in a little box to asia and give him to the zoo with a label green anaconda food

How about a photo so we have an idea of what it looks like if any of us get offered a 'big friendly snake'?

There wouldnt be many Carpets that size,so hopefully some1 in the area hears-sees something and Brutus gets returned.I lay my money that the tradie-someone he told was responsible...Hope the police finds who done it...Truely hope you get Brutus back...

hi simone.. mate that is really sad news.. I know how much brutus meant to you..
I really hope you get him and the diamond back.. there is one thing I hate more than anything else and thats theives..
Im going to make this thread a sticky so it stays up the top of this forum..
take care..

Thank you all for your well wishes and thank you Colin, i greatly appreciate it.

The police know all of the details, only haven't posted unique details that only the police and the maggot that took my snakes would know. I can handle losing the diamond, but just not Brutus. I have attached some pics fo him, although they do not do him or his size any justice.View attachment 176240View attachment 176241View attachment 176242

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited by a moderator:
get a class 3 lisence purchuse an eastern brown and put a sign infront of it saying olive python and saying how friendly they are if the culprate returns :lol:

Just a thought, you said the tradie wasn't a reptile person yet he stole a 12 foot snake, friendly or not, I imagine most people would be hesitant to open the door let alone manhandle such a big critter if they were not reptile people, HELL I'd be nervous reaching in.

Just a thought, you said the tradie wasn't a reptile person yet he stole a 12 foot snake, friendly or not, I imagine most people would be hesitant to open the door let alone manhandle such a big critter if they were not reptile people, HELL I'd be nervous reaching in.

With ignorance comes bravery in some people. My sister had never even seen a snake in her life when she came over for my wedding, but she was perfectly comfortable handling our large female olive. Then again she wasn't ignorant, and she was in our company at the time, but there are some yoiks who would do anything for prestige.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back