Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rule one of the forum site rules Recharge!
1. Be nice to other members. Any name calling or general nastiness will not be tolerated - this applies for posts in the forum as well as visitor messages on profiles, messages in social groups as well as conversations in chat

@Rocket: whether it was inclusively or exclusively targeted a 40yr old should know better than to call people 'bogan idiots' on a forum and tell us how to spell when clearly he can't either! Especially since the English language is not just spelling its grammar as well!

Also did you post your reply from Quick Reply? if so, to get smilies just click on Go advanced

Speaking from experience are we?

:) good :)

I once stopped at a major Maccas in Sydney for a coffee on my way to work (peak hour). As I was entering I nearly ran over a homeless man passed out on the driveway. I was stunned to see 3 police officers sitting in the Maccas having coffee looking over my way (clearly seeing the man). I watched as car after car came close to hitting this man so I decided to approach the Police officers. I said "I appreciate you guys need a break, but there is a man over..." before I could finish one of the Cops said "oh the local guy over on the driveway!? We'll get someone to have a look into that". I couldn't believe it. I hate to think what would of happened to the person if they had hit him. After about 10 minutes, they slowly plodded over to the man and stood in the driveway in a far more dangerous position, nearly getting hit a couple of times themselves.

I don't know who you're calling a bogan, or if it was inclusively targeted at myself, alongside the poor spelling remark, but I was being sarcastic. I wanted to include the rolling eyes smiley face thing but I don't know to bring it up...

rocket, its pretty clear I was not singling you out in any way what so ever,
and I realised later you were being sarcastic, hence my second post, did you not read it? did you not read the first properly?
I clearly jump back and forth between making rants and responding to posts and then back again.
see, it goes, rant reply to someone, then respond to your post, then have a general rant about people ranting and then I rant about spelling.
don't know how you manage to feel that I was referring to you as a bogan? (unless you feel/know you make lots of 5th grade spelling errors? :p )

wow lambers, you can read the rules! *gasp* but not interpret them?
"be nice to other members" who was I not nice too? I didn't point out anyone specifically did I? and was I nasty? not at all, not in any way what so ever.
(yet you come out blasting in a quite mean way, but subtle enough not to get an infraction yourself? :p :lol:)

grammar is easily forgiven in this day and age, spelling of the simplest of words cannot, it is not nasty to point out these things, or are you suggesting we start jailing teachers for pointing out incorrect answers on tests? :p
(see that's sarcasm at work, with a smiley to make it obvious)

and no, I've never been to court for anything (yet) have you?
yet I still have an idea of court costs (having you know, read the news now and again)

anything else I can respond too? ;P

indeed!, but I don't mind being pointed out for mistakes :)
do you? you might also want to have more to say that a quick quip comeback, otherwise you just look infantile ;)
I don't get people getting upset over spelling mistakes being pointed out, learn from it and move on, it's no big deal, unless you keep going with it, then you're just being stupid.
so many have such fragile self esteem these days :/ tsk tsk.

indeed!, but I don't mind being pointed out for mistakes :)
do you? you might also want to have more to say that a quick quip comeback, otherwise you just look infantile ;)
I don't get people getting upset over spelling mistakes being pointed out, learn from it and move on, it's no big deal, unless you keep going with it, then you're just being stupid.
so many have such fragile self esteem these days :/ tsk tsk.

No.

Last edited:
Yeah a while back my neighbour and I got fined for rolling our dirt bikes down to my house LOL. Luckily my friends dad is a cop so he got us off it.

you should've been a bit quicker and told him you were signaling to turn right.

Should just rember your most basic right. The right to remain silent. My brother is a cop and most people he fine's or busts put them selves in it cause they dont know when to shut up. All you have to tell them is your name date of birth and address make them work for it to prove the rest.

My driving record is pretty clean, only 2 speeding fines and i haven't had any other fines for 2 years till now.

Lol, two speeding fines at 21 is a 'pretty clean' record?

I agree it's a ridiculous fine though. I think the fines in NSW are way too high, and I see much worse things than people resting their arm on the window. As the driver of a wussy girly car, what bothers me is people in Ford/Holden V6/V8s (especially turbos) trying to intimidate me for going the speed limit, especially when I'm in the left lane. The attitude of a lot of people (not all!) who drive those cars is the main reason why police target them.

That and they ask to be targets by buying those cars.

Hetty said:
Lol, two speeding fines at 21 is a 'pretty clean' record?
LMAO!!! My sister is 21 next year and has never had a fine...that's clean!

there are always those cops that go 80 in a 60 zone without good reason and what not. but i was driving along a main road when suddenly the car in front of me slammed on the brakes because a koala ran onto the road. i was changing song on my head unit, looked up and if i just slammed on my brakes i would have hit the back of the person in front of me. luckily there was a side street in line with me so i quickly swerved down it to avoid the accident. three other cars crashed into the one at the front. i missed everything. sadly i happened to cross a stupid painted island thing and got slammed with a fine. Whats even worse is they give fines out for people trying to save their own and other peoples lives when in my area, i could take the police to PLENTY of areas where crimes are continuously occurring including mugging, car theft, destruction of public property and even people breaking into ATM's with cordless angle grinders. (i go to work early and see it all)
If you ask me the police can get F#@%ed

Hi all
i think its laughable some of the fines that can be handed out.
This reminds me;
My mother owns a mechanics workshop in n.w nsw and they regularly service the higway patrol cars there. One day when i called in to see her one the mechanics was jus finishing a job on a patrol car when he called out to everyone, about ten of us stood and listened as the guy on the dispatch radio read out a long list of cars and how much revenue each had raised in revenue during the previous weekend. They were actually running a competition with prizes to see who could raise the most and they had a prize for i kid you not " silliest infringement". Needless to say we were all quite stunned

a bus driver can tell a passenger to put their hands inside the bus and if they dont he can remove them

secondly to use your phone while in a vehicle you must turn it off and remove the keys otherwise you are deemed to be using the vehicle while using a phone, its simple pull over, turn the car off and remove the keys, doesn't take that long and you wont be booked

it annoys me that people whinge about the cops but scream blue murder when they need them and they dont think the cops act fast enough

rocket, its pretty clear I was not singling you out in any way what so ever,
and I realised later you were being sarcastic, hence my second post, did you not read it? did you not read the first properly?
I clearly jump back and forth between making rants and responding to posts and then back again.
see, it goes, rant reply to someone, then respond to your post, then have a general rant about people ranting and then I rant about spelling.
don't know how you manage to feel that I was referring to you as a bogan? (unless you feel/know you make lots of 5th grade spelling errors? :p )

wow lambers, you can read the rules! *gasp* but not interpret them?
"be nice to other members" who was I not nice too? I didn't point out anyone specifically did I? and was I nasty? not at all, not in any way what so ever.
(yet you come out blasting in a quite mean way, but subtle enough not to get an infraction yourself? :p :lol:)

grammar is easily forgiven in this day and age, spelling of the simplest of words cannot, it is not nasty to point out these things, or are you suggesting we start jailing teachers for pointing out incorrect answers on tests? :p
(see that's sarcasm at work, with a smiley to make it obvious)

and no, I've never been to court for anything (yet) have you?
yet I still have an idea of court costs (having you know, read the news now and again)

anything else I can respond too? ;P

Recharge, first of all, you didn't make it clear at all as to who you were targeting, just for the record, hence my post where I did not accuse you of anything, I just made light of my confusion as to whom your commented was directed....

Then, what second post? You do not refer to me and what I said, all you do is quote me in the middle of your response but do not refer to it....

In response to the original post, you're young and drive a modified V8 Commodore, take the BS fine and consider it lucky the cop was nice enough not to defect you and consider your car un-roadworthy.

I got pulled over driving to the doctors one day by a motorcycle cop, was casually driving, probably a 10kmph under the limit, for my window tint being too dark. The window tint was on the car from the Holden Dealer. He then noticed it was a little too low and off to regency to go over the pits she goes. I didnt even do anything wrong while driving that day.

The joys of owning a modified car!

Alternately, i've done some pretty stupid things while driving and had some nice police officers give me warnings when i should've got in trouble! Strangly enough, the faster i make my car, the more sensible i get driving it.

Maybe it's coz I'm a girl driving a 12 yr old Corolla but the only time I've been pulled over is one of those 'all in' RBTs where they block the road and test everyone.

I was unfortunately returning from a costume party (with a car full of passengers) wearing a Pride and Prejudice 1820s style dress with a very very tight corset thingie underneath and could not take a deep enough breath to breathe out long enough to register the test. Then of course I couldn't stop laughing. The nice cop let me go. And it wasn't 'like that' coz I'm not cute at all. I don't know what the other option was since I genuinely couldn't do the test. Take me in for a blood test maybe? No idea.

I just must look very innocent.

So sometimes cops are decent too!

"secondly to use your phone while in a vehicle you must turn it off and remove the keys otherwise you are deemed to be using the vehicle while using a phone, its simple pull over, turn the car off and remove the keys, doesn't take that long and you wont be booked"
Totally wrong!! If the cop wants to book you when parked using the phone, they can book you just sitting in it with the keys in your possesion as you are still "in charge of a vehicle'" whilst using the phone.
The only safe way(from police members on a rampage) is to get out of the vehicle.
Also if you fought the case of being booked whilst parked in court it would more than 95% be overturned and dismissed because the booking is against the 'spirit' of the law.

yes i was done the same way , but the inital reason for being pulled over was for throwing a smoke but out the window . i told him i had never smoked in my life so he done me for the arm sitting on the door.

lots of cop haters here

riddle me this; if the government did not raise funds by fines, then taxes will go up....I prefer the user pays system! LOL

also most people claim NOT to be racist/sexist etc nowadays yet the haters here are tarring all police with the one brush (stereotyping), which is the same thing they are accusing the police of being....ironic?? Traffic police cop crap all day so of course they are going to get short and annoyed with people who whinge about being picked on, when they break the law...toughen up.

I have not had a fine for 10 years and guess how????? not breaking the rules....not rocket science people!

at least be man/woman enough to cop if if you do wrong....thats half the issue with society nowadays, no one accepts responsibility for their actions.

the only people I know who hate police are criminals who break the law, most of society likes police and respect is a 2 way street.

j

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back