Aust. racks = expensive.....

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also use the true blue racks...mine were sent interstate without an issue.....took all of about 10 minutes to put together!

Cheers,
Scott

Its all about the almighty dollar, I purchase all the time from the states for another hobby of mine, items I purchase from the states are a third to half the price compared to here, including postage.

everything is cheaper there, even the cars that are made here and exported are cheaper there than here...

We are getting ripped off by retailers in this country and they use the good old 'it costs so much to ship' excuse. I bought my son a skate board from the states for $220 with shipping, every where in aus they wanted $350. So yeah, DIY is the way to go, if you cant import

You can never compare anything cost-wise between here and the US.

I got back from there just over a month ago (first time) and was astonished at the price of everything there, and as mentioned above even stuff that's made here and imported there is sold at a cheaper price; was ridiculous!

As for the pricing of racks here I think they are well priced for what they are and the hours that go into building them, you can't compare building something at home yourself to getting it built by a professional, and unless you really know what you are doing they won't last you any where near as long.

My rack builder of choice has got to be Snake_Whisperer (Aaron), he is extremely patient and a breeze to deal with and even when I threw 100 confusing ideas at him in a quick phone convo he sent me the design and I was blown away

I also have true blue racks, was probably their first order.
I have been using them for quite some time without even a hiccup.
I started with the 12 advanced hatchie rack (1/2 of the one Kupps has in his post)
For $600 including tubs & heat cord.
For that price, I won't be using anything else or even bothering trying to build them.
Theyve got my business!

We are getting ripped off by retailers in this country and they use the good old 'it costs so much to ship' excuse. I bought my son a skate board from the states for $220 with shipping, every where in aus they wanted $350. So yeah, DIY is the way to go, if you cant import

SO sorry we are not talking about skate boards, & all of you should check out Snake Whisperer.
Cheers
Ian

Not knocking the workmanship of locally produced racks, though its apples and oranges when comparing them to the international gear. I have no problems justifying the money I have spent on my Vison and Freedom Breeder racks, design and materials wise nothing else compares, seriously. Even if you were to focus on the tub quality alone, both use plastics superior to the off the shelf bunnings or k-mart jobs, they hold up almost perfectly in comparison to even my 7lt systemas of the same age that have urate scarring and discolouration....

Its all about keeping within your means... the majority of my collection is antaresia, and even though I have the skill-set, and access to just about all high-spec trades, C&C cutting, my Mrs father a Navy certified boilermaker, just about anything and everything necessary.... I still cant justify the time and expense to produce a rack, that would be out performed by an off the shelf set-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back