A Novel Idea

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Meg series by Steve Alten - fiction (is that the one thats not based on real events) about Great White Shark's prehistoric cousins still being alive today and terrorising humans. GREAT series, definitely recommend

fantasy
terry goodkind
Sword of truth series about 12 books
Richard grew up a woods guide only to discover when he's an adult that he's a wizard....

On the Terry Goodkind

Books start out good, however the last two have been draging the story out a bit much, (like what are we doing now, and who are we saving the world from this time.

Also the series on foxtel is "loosley based" on the story. Actually the first two episides were based on the boosk, then it became a remake of Zena, with different charaters.

Genre: Fantasy / Scifi / Horror / Western
Author: Stephen King
Title: The Dark Tower (series of 7 books)
Bit of Info: It's really too complex to describe in a few sentences, you will just have to read it and see for yourself, there's a reason it's my favorite novel hands down. A very basic summary: It follows the story of a 'gunslinger' on his quest to find a tower, which he believes will save the existence of his world and the universe.
Rating: :D:D:D:D:D and an extra :D

With such a good rating I bought all seven books. I read the first and enjoyed it but was hoping the rest were more fast-paced. After the second book I'm hooked. Stephen King's a clever man.
Thanks for the recommendation Vixen

The Tomorrow Series - John Marsden
Tully - Paulina Simmons
The girl in times square - Paulina Simmons
My Booky Wook - Russell Brand

These are some favourites from when i was younger (10-14) haven't read fiction in a while, lately it's been mainly third reich and tank books, but this has reminded me of my love for the fiction so i'll pop into the local book store soon and have a look around :)

Thomas harris - Hannibal Rising

Minette Walters - The Chameleon's Shadow

Kent Anderson - Sympathy For The Devil

Garth Nix - The Old Kingdom Trilogy

I also remember my mum reading me ice station when i was about 5-6, i loved it.

Genre: science / non-fiction

Author: Richard Dawkins - world renowned academic - biological theorist.

Titles: The Greatest Show on Earth & The God Delusion

Bit of Info: Like most of his titles they revolve around evolution - and dispelling primitive religious myths.

Rating: 10/10

+1.

With such a good rating I bought all seven books. I read the first and enjoyed it but was hoping the rest were more fast-paced. After the second book I'm hooked. Stephen King's a clever man.
Thanks for the recommendation Vixen

You're very welcome, glad you are liking it!

Anne Bishop - The Black Jewels Trilogy (Fantasy)

AMAZING!!! My all time favorite author because of these books.

There is the main trilogy then several one off books.

They are just incredible. Has anybody else read these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back