outrageous comments in an article on snakes

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Recharge

News.com.au

#
Lang Park Lawrie of Darra Posted at 6:22 PM December 14, 2010

The best way to deal with a snake is with BOILING HOT WATER! You use it to make yourself a nice cuppa and when you come back, the snake is long gone. Easy when you know how.

#
mumto3 Posted at 6:02 PM December 14, 2010

As if, if a snake comes in my yard its a dead snake! As if i am going to wait for someone to come and take it away for it to breed near someone elses homes and children!

I've commented, suggesting a snake catcher, but I am totally disgusted people think this way, and are so game to comment openly in such a format.

grrr :(

when i was starting WIRES off in Wagga Wagga i had a call about a snake, had no idea who to contact or what to do so i rang a pest company and the man said to tell them to 'herd' the snake off their property using a hose and the nozzle on one single spray because they didnt like the force of the water and that way you could stay a safe distance from it as well

never did suggest that to the person that rang me and we eventually found someone willing to do the snake call outs for us

It's good to see Matt's business taking off - he took part in one of our Venomous Snake Relocation Courses earlier this year.

I think the boiling water comment is trying to suggest leaving the snake alone, as it's usually already left of it's own accord once the tea is finished

when i was starting WIRES off in Wagga Wagga i had a call about a snake, had no idea who to contact or what to do so i rang a pest company and the man said to tell them to 'herd' the snake off their property using a hose and the nozzle on one single spray because they didnt like the force of the water and that way you could stay a safe distance from it as well

never did suggest that to the person that rang me and we eventually found someone willing to do the snake call outs for us
USING A HOSE SPRAY can and does work ....and you can do it at a safe distance ..this works well if you find yourself with a snake on your back porch or front landing and you dont really want it off your property ,but want it gone from your house ...aim at face and they will move on ,most likely into the garden ,but if cool with having a snake there ,no harm comes to either the person or the snake ...if you want it actually removed from your place ..then WATCH at a safe distance and call for a snake remover ...

My guess is most people who are involved with hots in any way would have a few "bogan" stories to tell.

The worst I've had lately involved a 63 year old local and a "nest of puff-adders"??? I asked him to show me and he took me to a sheet of corro, under which was a female Blue who'd given birth to ten youngens. Needless to say, they'd all been sliced up with a spade :(. "Didn't ya see the legs?", I said, "Oh yeah", was the reply! Anyone would think someone who'd lived in the area all his life could ID a Bluetongue!!

I looked at the comments on that article:

True Blue Aussie of Brisbane, QLD Posted at 10:38 AM Today
I'll relocate the slittering thing, straigt into the bin after my shovel goes through it! A good snake is a dead snake!

George of Windaroo Posted at 8:21 PM December 14, 2010
I, wholeheartedly, agree with mumto3. If a snake invades our property, make no mistake, it's dead! It will not be allowed the privelege of returning to our house whenever it feels like it. That will help to reduce the stress levels when we walk around the garden

Aussie Born and Bred of Beaudesert Posted at 7:29 AM Today
I relocated a Brown snake just the other day...with the blades of my ride-on mower. I sent part of him here and parts of him there! I don't touch them when I see them in the paddock, but when they come near the house, they're fair game.

When you post a comment, it says "Comments will not be posted if they are not fact." Well how is the phrase "a good snake is a dead snake" a fact?

Last edited:
When you post a comment, it says "Comments will not be posted if they are not fact." Well how is the phrase "a good snake is a dead snake" a fact?

Hmm, perhaps the moderator doesn't like snakes... if it's a fact to them it has to be that way for everyone else too. The people across the road from me tell me about killing snakes, and they know very well I keep them as pets... they also said that if any of my snakes come over there they'll be killed. If they do that, their dogs might 'mysteriously' go missing lol. Maybe not, but I certainly won't take that attitude!

gee the mentality of some people in that reply on that link is unbelievable i posted on that early this morning i noticed mine never got approved hmmmm,

someone should create a "snake haters unit block" somewhere, where all the snake haters can go live and not come out ever. i suggest....on the sun.

they know very well I keep them as pets... they also said that if any of my snakes come over there they'll be killed.

:shock: You just keed pythons right? Dont tell me they kill pythons?
Mattmc, get the sun ready here comes another batch of haters with a life sentance :p

lol im liking this sun idea ay still i think the sun is a bit too easy maybe like a blackhole i would like that:p
just keep my aunty here she HATES snakes but she will never kill on probs curl into a tight ball when she sees one:p

:shock: You just keed pythons right? Dont tell me they kill pythons?

Yes, I only keep pythons. This woman grew up on a farm and knows the difference between a python and a venomous snake, but she doesn't care, harmless pythons get the shovel too. Arrrgggghhhh!!!

Yes, I only keep pythons. This woman grew up on a farm and knows the difference between a python and a venomous snake, but she doesn't care, harmless pythons get the shovel too. Arrrgggghhhh!!!

Omg, what does she think they're gunna do to her? Strangle her or something :rolleyes:

Have you called wildlife services?

Some attitudes will never change! These people know they are protected by law in regards to the "fearing for life" clause! It's perfectly okay for people to kills stuff, but not okay for someone unlicensed to move it! Go figure! It's all about the money! And government bodies like that won't/can't be bothered spending the $$$ chasing situations like this down in order to get a legitimate conviction!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back