Egg Bound

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pythons73

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Howdy...Well im curious to find out any information regarding any1 that has had any egg bound pythons before.Ive got a 8-9ft Striped Coastal that is 9year old,she has had a few clutches of over 20+eggs each time,however last season she became egg bound and taken to the vet which shse was operated on to remove the eggs.The vet said IMO not to breed from her again as she may become egg bound again..My Question is,if previusly yourve had a egg bound python,have you breed her again,if so what were the results...By the way Im NOT planning on breeding her....

I know of some one that had an egg bound python last season. Then in what I call a "a moment of genius" he breed it again this season. It laid all the eggs, then died hours later...

Last edited:
Thanx Kurto,from speaking with a few people that have had this problem,they can breed again without any issue..However with this big girl,im NOT going to risk it,even that shes a beautiful big striped girl that would give me anywhere from 20+ eggs..Her live is more important..Just wondering on what other people have experienced..

It would totally depend on the reason for her getting egg bound in the first place and the method used to correct it. If for example, she became eggbound through dehydration or wasnt supplied with a suitable nest site and the eggs were removed without surgery then you may have a chance of breeding her again without complication (assuming you fixed the source of the problem first). But if she was operated on, or not in top shape, then I wouldnt risk it.

Thanx Codered,im not certain as what the course was but as soon as i can i will find out..Either way im NOT breeding her as that was part of the agreement of getting her..Wondering from other breeders that have had this issue before..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back