Seller etiquette

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i would give up when you realise your not going to get what you want for it:) or when the asking price is $0 and still, no one wants it lol.

If you mean trouble with a buyer, its the moment you get a hint that they are a 'tyre kicker'. Selling is usually a straight forward process, it shouldn't be difficult. If you mean an advertisement that has gone on without a sale, keep it advertised as trust me, you will sell it eventually.

Ooops:oops: Worded that wrong.
What I meant is I inquired about an animal and the seller has not contacted me in close to a month after original PM's.

lol haha yer i would be looking for others whilst flicking them a few more emails in hope of getting a reply but like ozziepythons said it should be straight forward if they were keen to sell they will the replying asap:)

dont bother with them im trying to contact some atm theyve been online several times and havent bothered to reply. its not like its un-noticeable you have a new message lol

i give em a few days if they dont reply meh, there not the only person who sells snakes, most times it works out for the best ive found always find one better :)

start searching elsewhere ay,

If they wanted it sold they've have responded by now James or it has been sold already...either way it's just good ethiquette to let all those who have enquired know what's going on.

If they wanted it sold they've have responded by now James or it has been sold already...either way it's just good ethiquette to let all those who have enquired know what's going on.

exactly

its like a mini xmas isnt it lol, thanks to aps for that pop up i love it

A bit off topic but related: I never understand the labeling of people who don't purchase an animal they have inquired about as a tyre kicker. Do sellers really think that they are the only person that the buyer talks to? It is called shopping around and most intelligent people do it. If I am after an animal I will inquire about a few available in my area and weigh up price / quality / how I feel about the seller and how they answer my questions before I make a decision on what animal to purchase. This once led to me being called a tyre kicker by a certain seller.. get over it you are selling something and yours just wasn't the best offer on the table. I really dislike that label..

On the other hand though I have never had to deal with one of the horror stories I have heard so much about, maybe that would change my tune.

Now to deal with your question there is always the off chance that they are just really busy etc? But as others have said try contacting some other sellers and see if they are more willing to help you out.

if im selling anything and i get a msg.. its curtesy to reply. even if you sold it. or its on hold ect ect i usually do so fairly quickly. usually the same day or within a few hrs . as for tire kickers. if its just a case of shopping around i dont have any problems with it. its when they turn up to take something and then... oops the trailer is to small when the measurments are clearly stated or ... i think ill wait till you next clutch none of these ones are cute enough... like hello yello /orange beardie hatchlie tend to all look alike and the the next clutch is from the same parents so i dunno what ur waiting for.. lol just my two cents

A bit off topic but related: I never understand the labeling of people who don't purchase an animal they have inquired about as a tyre kicker. Do sellers really think that they are the only person that the buyer talks to? It is called shopping around and most intelligent people do it. If I am after an animal I will inquire about a few available in my area and weigh up price / quality / how I feel about the seller and how they answer my questions before I make a decision on what animal to purchase. This once led to me being called a tyre kicker by a certain seller.. get over it you are selling something and yours just wasn't the best offer on the table. I really dislike that label..

On the other hand though I have never had to deal with one of the horror stories I have heard so much about, maybe that would change my tune.

Now to deal with your question there is always the off chance that they are just really busy etc? But as others have said try contacting some other sellers and see if they are more willing to help you out.

that is true but also i contacted a seller and sent a few pm's and chatted on msn about getting a hatching off him agreed on a price
now ive seen others on the for sale section for alot cheaper but i think ive talked to this person and there being honest so im willing to pay alittle extra and stick with him

Sorry but i think the term is well deserved in a lot of cases!

I have put up with a fair few in the last 12 months (newbies to reps) pestering for more and more pics after agreeing on an animal or asking for a pic and then never responding to the email that contains the pic or any other emails sent.

Manners have been lost within a lot of people!

Agreed it would at times be deserved but much less then I think many people make out. Gav thats great and comes into it when shopping around mate ;-) that seller has obviously been very helpful. Something we all look for in a seller.

Due to that past experience I still can't help wondering when i see an add saying 'no tyre kickers!!' whether the seller has genuinely been hassled or it is just a temper tantrum type comment because somebody decided not to buy from them. I do not believe many people would be jumping at the chance to go out of their way to send emails or view animals unless they where at least interested... or maybe very 'strange' haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back