Smith tailed gecko

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snakes123

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Sorry about spelling I
Ment smooth tailed gecko.

Heyy, can you all give me care on smooth tailed
Geckos? I have no knowledge about keeping geckos. Pretty much the only thing I know about the is their
Name :lol: I was hoping someone could
Explain: setup, feeding, heating everything I need to know about keeping them. Also a bit about the gecko them selves. I've seen bright orange ones purple. If anyone knows where to buy a nick purple or orange one
Please let me know.

Sorry if I have said something wrong as I don't know aboutsmooth tailed geckos at all.

Thanks
Ben

gday. theres an awsome book out there that could be considered the gecko keepers bible. its called Keeping Australian Geckos. will give you all the info you need to know, and having the book will give u a quick and easy point of reference. its only around the $25 mark.

feed every 2 days small crickets. use uv light heat pad in winter. hard to breed cause they only have 1-2 eggs i'm only a newbie too might be wrong but thats what i do with my detllas geckos

As they hide during the day, I dont use a light at all - as I feel they dont need it...
And only provide heat during winter, as it get plenty warm enough up here is summer....
And the book keeping australian Geckos is great - I like it that much I have pinched my daughters.....

do not all reptiles need uv light? i never see my geckos abit there a boring

Most geckos are nocturnal - so why would they need uv light....
They are not out in the day time to take advantage of it......
At night time if I want to watch them, I use a infra red bulb - although mine are used to having the room light on occasionally - when I feed them'
I love watching them hunt for the crickets....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back