Epa exhuast noise test -.-

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Im glad that you have decided to remove it, best idea and good luck.
Next time can you please try and spell, use grammar and punctuation, your posts wont be hard to read.

Me spall good?

Next time can you please try and spell, use grammar and punctuation, your posts wont be hard to read.

+1, was like trying to listen to a commentator on Melbourne cup day

twin 2 1/2 thats crazy for N/A motor slapa descent sized turbo on and run 2 bar then that size would be realistic and warranted that wouldnt have any back pressure if you even know what that means, or its cool because its loud, single tuned 2 1/4 would be suffice give a nice note and still have suffice back pressure for the engine to perform properly, and dont sound like a slopy wet fart,

only car should have loud tuned exhuast is a lumpy V8 anything sounds horrible,

Hey Sofoula88,

I used to work at an exhaust place doing all the invoices etc.

From memory it's between 90-96dB the limit, the ONLY way you will be able to pass is to put a stock exhaust system from the catalytic converter back, unless only the rear muffler is non-stock then just change the rear muffler to the original (get one from a wreckers or eBay or something).

Since it is a twin tip exhaust there are no silencers for these and even then I've heard of times where the EPA has removed the silencer during the test.

So IMO put the stock exhaust back on for the test and most exhaust fitters would recommend that you leave it on for a fortnight or so after the test.

Good luck.

P.S. By twin exhaust I assume you mean the rear muffler has a twin tip at the end of it where as the rest of the system is single piping?? If not, then your car will be losing A LOT of power and fuel!

Do you have any pictures of the system?

Last edited:
I used to race in improved production cars (IPRA). At big race events we would get noise tested (we had to be under 110db or something from the stand), i don't know if it ever ectually worked but we would drill a hole right through the end of the exhaust and run a wire across the pipe. We never got pinged for being too loud second time.

I wonder how often Bikies are pulled over for excessive noise. I have never heard of noise tests in WA.

I wonder how often Bikies are pulled over for excessive noise. I have never heard of noise tests in WA.

I'm not sure on the regs anymore but bikes can be a lot louder then cars.

I used to have a regular spot at the inspection depo for a previous car I drove :lol: If they are anything like the QLD guys, the noise problem will be the least of your worries :lol: Good luck!

Get an exhaust place to cut out a section of exhaust and put an extra muffler in line using clamps. After the test, take it out and put in a straight piece of pipe. Keep the muffler handy for the next time, and carry around the results of the passed noise test so you can show any cop that pulls you over and say he must have over sensitive ears :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back