Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thats really horrible :( call the pest company and hit them up! tell them u r offering a reward no questions asked or something, or threaten them!

i would just give the company a call and till they that the guy works for them and get details from they by the cops too

Sorry to hear about your snakes, I had a similar thing happen actually. A year and a half ago, I had 2 concreters come around to lay a slab. They talked about how much they liked my adult pair of NT Frilies sitting in their locked cage on my verandah. The next morning they were gone and the padlock cut and left on the ground. I don't know for sure if it was the concreters but I reckon it was. Makes me so angry to see this happen over and over, and the police don't really care because its "just a lizard" or a snake... cowards

Omg thats horrible, hope you get you're snake back asap

made my skill boil reading it...I would call the company back act cool make out u need more work done then confront the lil ****er and say you have it all on film and u have him sussing out the locks etcs and all you wont is your pythons back and you wont go to the cops ...do it do it do it :D

Would you be able to fix the pics of Brutus so we can have a look? The pics don't seem to show.

Would be good if someone located him because of the pics.

Dont know if this will help u much as u need to know the kids address but I had 6 of mine stolen at the start of this year by the lawn service kid under the same circumstances. Cops said they were sure it was him did a full investigation but could prove nothing so what i did was wait a few months to let it settle down so the kid thought he was off the hook then called NPWS anonymously and said the kid was keeping reptiles illegally without a licence. NPWS went to investigate and found my animals. It was heaps difficult to prove they were mine after they’d been confiscated off him but 11 months later I have them back and the kid is currently waiting to go to court. The cops may not care that much about reptiles but the wildlife services do.
Good luck

Dont know if this will help u much as u need to know the kids address but I had 6 of mine stolen at the start of this year by the lawn service kid under the same circumstances. Cops said they were sure it was him did a full investigation but could prove nothing so what i did was wait a few months to let it settle down so the kid thought he was off the hook then called NPWS anonymously and said the kid was keeping reptiles illegally without a licence. NPWS went to investigate and found my animals. It was heaps difficult to prove they were mine after they’d been confiscated off him but 11 months later I have them back and the kid is currently waiting to go to court. The cops may not care that much about reptiles but the wildlife services do.
Good luck

Skills :D Little snot got what he deserved, it's nice to hear a happy ending for once, hope Selebrosus has another one for us soon.

Good luck
I Like!

Sooooooo whats stoping you ringing the pest control up and fronting the Guy ??
I wood !!

I feel for you Simone.
These thieves don't seem to realise that they are a much loved pet and are missed terribly.
All you want is to have them home and not worry about how they are getting looked after.

Let's hope they are found and returned to their rightful owner.

i am always concerned with this however my house isnt large enough to have one room devoted just to herps so pretty much everything is on display through out the house... any tips? we do have two big loud dogs...

would it be worth having them microchip so you can prove they are yours when found?

maybe plaster your area with 'reward' posters, maybe a mate will dob him in for the money?

Thanks tarajm9. I think i will do that.

My Dad who is a pretty big bloke went to the pest company and tore strips off them. They obviously pulled their worker aside because he then had the hide to phone my Mum and swear black and blue it wasn't him. Yet he was the only person who knew what was kept at this address (Western Sydney) and seriously, why would you bother. How is it he knew how to get into the backyard? to bring bolt cutters etc and other tools etc. The police are adamant it is him but have no fingerprints to prove it. I do not believe he is a real fair dinkum herper that was out to make money of stealing them because they left a dozen Boyds which were easier to get to and all the gravid female diamonds. Just some ****er who wants to big note himself with a big snake. Funny thing though, Brutus is a weapon at feed time....... you go up with the rabbit, hurl that door open real quick and jump out the way before you get hammered along with his tucker. He is a ferocious feeder but otherwise i totally placid animal. What bothers me is that some twat like him is liekly to chuck a live rat in because he thinks it will be cool to watch. He is not going to look after him the way my family has for all these years.

I have thought about doing a reward, but i'll be buggered if i am going to pay money to get my animal back. As for microchipping - well it is really obvious when an animal has been chipped. They are also really easy to remove as i witnessed when i worked as a vet nurse years ago. The identifying scars Brutus has is the key i.d feature of him. Sadly my very old staffy who is now deaf and near blind sleeps through everything. He has a ferocious bark when he starts but he rarely moves about now. Even so, last night something was moving aorund outside and Conan was doing his nut. We are getting a motion sensoredspotlight for this area of the yard now and around the house.

I hope to attend the Macherps meeting tonight to warn everybody about this mob. God help him if this guy ever turns up to a macherps meeting.

Hope you find the little tit and get your precious snakes back Simone.

kudos to tarjm that’s damn satisfying and very well thought out by you, sounds like a perfect plan to try in this case as well, tho perhaps you will be able to avoid the difficulty with reclaiming your pets because as you said Brutus has unique markings that only his original owners would know about.

i truly hope you can get your pets back and this little so and so gets what’s coming to him

I could cry for you ! People suck ! I know Ill be on the look out and spreading the word ! I really hope you get them back and the person is punished accordingly........HARSHLY !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back