Cute and fluffy syndrome!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AllThingsReptile

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Me and my mate, came up with a theory a little while ago, its called the cute and fluffy syndrome, basically its where people love anything cute and fluffy and despise anything thats not, we think its affected almost everyone (exept herpers :lol:) including the RSPCA, for example, people cant kill magpies for instance(nothing related to me, just a random example) BUT we can brutally murder a worm on a fishing hook, or smash a carp to peices, lol things like that, if you've got your own example or something to add, go right ahead lol

Cheers, seb

dont kill the cute fluffy animal ohh look its a ant lets burn it

Me and my mate, came up with a theory a little while ago, its called the cute and fluffy syndrome, basically its where people love anything cute and fluffy and despise anything thats not, we think its affected almost everyone (exept herpers :lol:) including the RSPCA, for example, people cant kill magpies for instance(nothing related to me, just a random example) BUT we can brutally murder a worm on a fishing hook, or smash a carp to peices, lol things like that, if you've got your own example or something to add, go right ahead lol

Cheers, seb

Different levels of cognitive ability with animals. Magpies (for example) show signs of intelligence. Worms/Carp/Fish, do not. Also depends on how you've been raised; to either respect animals but understand they are there as a primary means of survival or to coo every time fluffy drags its worm ridden backside across the carpet.

Different levels of cognitive ability with animals. Magpies (for example) show signs of intelligence. Worms/Carp/Fish, do not. Also depends on how you've been raised; to either respect animals but understand they are there as a primary means of survival or to coo every time fluffy drags its worm ridden backside across the carpet.
fair enough, although i still think that their kind of breaking their own rules, they claim to protect all animals, when its obvious they dont...

'Flagship' species which are usually cute and fluffy are often used to push the conservation agenda, such as Pandas (urghh Adelaide Zoo could have used their money towards an out of this world rare/endangered reptile and amphibian exhibit IMO). But it takes people of a higher standard to appreciate reptiles, looking past the fluffy stuff. Nothing like a bright coloured, intricately patterned carpet python IMO.

'Flagship' species which are usually cute and fluffy are often used to push the conservation agenda, such as Pandas (urghh Adelaide Zoo could have used their money towards an out of this world rare/endangered reptile and amphibian exhibit IMO). But it takes people of a higher standard to appreciate reptiles, looking past the fluffy stuff. Nothing like a bright coloured, intricately patterned carpet python IMO.
agreed, or a high yellow diamond, or a blue gtp, or even just a gtp......drooool

cute and fluffy syndrome mark 2 has just been released......it includes horses and goats......and hopping mice :rolleyes:
my sister is now obsessed with a mitchells hopping mouse thats in a local pet shop.....and just next to it is a cage of 3 cm long hatchling beardirs...i mean COME ON
also next to it is: a jungle hatchy
a yearling bredli
a spotted
a BHP
a diamond
some ackies
some water dragons
some red barred's
some freckled monitors
and i think thats the whole reptile section..... and she likes a mouse....arrghh

cute and fluffy syndrome mark 2 has just been released......it includes horses and goats......and hopping mice :rolleyes:
my sister is now obsessed with a mitchells hopping mouse thats in a local pet shop.....and just next to it is a cage of 3 cm long hatchling beardirs...i mean COME ON
also next to it is: a jungle hatchy
a yearling bredli
a spotted
a BHP
a diamond
some ackies
some water dragons
some red barred's
some freckled monitors
and i think thats the whole reptile section..... and she likes a mouse....arrghh
snake food :D

haha i love ur theory lizardboii, reptiles are nature at its best! my sister used to have a pet rat she didnt last a month ownin it haha

I am a sook and I hate even the idea of fishing as I know giant hooks get lodged in the fishes mouth... people say it doesnt hurt them, but they writhe around and cant breath when they are out of the water. I am pretty sure if we had a massive hook in our mouth and were underwater, we would thrash around because we were in pain and panicking!?

i feel so bad when i step on a ant im like SORRY MATE!! but if i get bitten first it must die haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back