Advice for Getting a Jungle Python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You also have to remember REPTILES can-will bite...Its just in the nature,if your worried about being biten,then maybe a kitten-bird may be a better option..

This point is moot. A lot of other animals bite, scratch, etc. Cats and dogs (very familiar with both). Like any other animal, my aim is to get something as tolerable as possible.

And yea, I'm definitely going to go for a yearling.. Seeing as though I want something with nice colours, it's probably a better bet than getting a hatchling and waiting to see how it colours up. I'm going for a Devil jungle from niggz as shown here:

http://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/sale-snakes-43/jungle-yearlings-devil-b-g-150266/

Going to go for the female, as apparently she has a nice(r) temperament. I'll be checking them both out this afternoon and deciding which one to go for.

Cheers and thanks again for the help.

Red-Ink said:
I had excatly the same worries, jungles being "snappy" and all. I say go for it, you won't regret it. All you really need is not to bleed to clean up crap, if you can get to that stage then it's no worries. I got mine as a yearling ahave never dealt with morelias before so I wanted something more established and not have to deal with a hatchy.

Yep, my thoughts exactly. As said by someone else and mentioned above, I'd rather get something a bit older, more established and which has had time to colour up a bit. From some of the Jungle hatchlings I've seen, I've been quite wary and unsure as to how they would colour up.

I did the same when I got my Stimson python from Snake Ranch. I got one around 10 months old, as they can be quite fussy eaters and hard to get started on mice let alone rats (I guess being smaller and the environment they come from, they go for smaller lizards).

So I ended up getting this female.. She's a snappy little thing though, although I think that's half the fun of handling her.
I may just have to leave her for a while and let her settle in..

My Jungle.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back