Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
will it be a hatchie? yearling full grown ect...?
Id steer clear of that enclosure if its a hatchie/juvi as you will loose it throught the gap inbetween the glass

I guarantee you, if you get a hatchie it will escape through the gap, bubs are better off kept in click clacs aka plastic storage tubs

Same!

I am also looking for something to put a Stimmie in, or a Spotted. I don't have the money yet, is all. I think I know a guy that sells them for half that, though, on the Gold Coast. ;)

I am in the process of setting my first viv up, 1200x600x600. No gaps and all meshed up over vents and door is a snug fit.
I know there has been a lot of advice on placing littlies in click-clacks or the like however, I was thinking that as long as I have enough hides that it should be Ok ?

I am looking at getting a Stimson that is just on 12 months old, has anyone had one around this age in an enclosure this big with any issues?

I have a 12 month old Weatbelt Stimson's python which i keep in a 500x400x400 glass viv. He's about 75cm long and i recon this is a good size for him until he reaches close to 90-100cm. If you go too big temps are hard to maintain and the snake may not feel safe and secure. We get him out every couple of days for exercise and let him hang out so he gets lots of stimulation and he is happy. For reference i also have a 4.5ft Woma that i keep in a 1200x450x400 viv he loves to snuggle up in his hides and we also get him out for regular exercise. My honest advice is don't go too big to early with a young snake it makes them struggle to feel safe and secure.
Good Luck :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back