handling after feeding?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GellyAmbert

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hi
I know this may be a stupid question.. but I just got my first python a couple of weeks ago and was doing some reading here and noticed a lot of talk about not handling for 48hrs after feeding...
I was just wondering if this is because of the obvious bite factor.. or is there more to it?

They can regurgitate their food or they can still be in a feeding mode.

And believe you me, you don't want to have to deal with a regurgitated rat or mouse.

the stomach has expanded therefore making its internals more fragile to be touched, and can disrupt the digestion of the food. someone please correct me if im wrong

Given false answers like that Moose is terrible,its actually 49hrs and 17minutes,you do have to account for the 5minutes that it takes to eat the rodent...lol...

ahh sweet... i'll set a timer... wouldn't wanna miss it and pick her up too late and have wasted 49hrs and 17+ mins of my time and then have a medical emergancy to deal with... :p

I learnt the hard way - don't handle them after feeding. I had a bredli throw up quite a large rat onto a brand new designer jacket and it wasn't fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back