Hatchies when to start feeding

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hoppyone

Reaction score
Hey guys an girls would like to know when to start trying to feed my first hatchies there nearly one week old im just waiting for them to shed first before i start would this be correct thanks (spotteds)

We just feed ours for the first time last night and he/she took it after about 30 seconds, He/she hatched on the 9th and shed on the 16th so we waited about a week after shed. Only one of ours hatched so i can only speak for that little fellow but gee he has some energy!

BTW, its a spotted awell

Just wait until after the first shed for most species.

I used to stress out about when I should first try to feed hatchlings. Now I wait about 1 week after their first shed. My last clutches of jungles and Stimsons ate within seconds of food being offered.

Their full of yolk for the first couple of days after hatching,then their opaque for the last couple of days post hatch and will 'probably' not feed until shed.
Yet i had two carpets feed at two days old myself which surprised me,but i usually wait a couple of days after they shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back