Show us your Rough Scaled Pythons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

D3pro

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I absolutely love this species, in my opinion it's very underrated and is a gem in our herp culture. You can keep Greens, Albinos, Jags... but this is the one that always catches my eye for some reason, it has so much personality and it's so surreal.

I wanted to see more of it as I have been working on some projects and every time they send me photos there is always a roughy in it.

It would be nice to see the snakes in their enclosures and see how you guys keep them. They also vary in pattern but does anyone have one with dorsal stripe? or something similar?

Cheers guys,

Here's my one and only roughie! I'd show you a pic of the tub she's in but, I'll let you use your imagination!

5205993372_8f8001d47e_z.jpg

5205394399_3da1dae16d_z.jpg

roughies! they rule and i can PROVE they are the best looking snakes(apart from my MD LOL)
when selling something you sell using the most attractive image/ad you can and on the cover of the book
Keeping and breeding Australian pythons is, yesss a roughie! proof they are the best you wouldn't put an ugly snake on the cover :)
more roughies! you lucky roughie owners!

hmmmm....... still debating whether to get one this season or not.

Nice snakes guys.

it would be the next snake i would get IF bloody WA let me keep one :(

Here is my yearling girl. she is my only one ATM but is something special and different to the other species i have kept. They are an amazing python for sure. How could you not love those beautiful eyes :)

Attachments

• IMG_3508.JPG
    IMG_3508.JPG
    189.5 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_3527.JPG
    IMG_3527.JPG
    192.2 KB · Views: 208
  • IMG_3433.JPG
    IMG_3433.JPG
    151.1 KB · Views: 239
I'll get new pics of my pair. I have found them to be shy feeders, my male will only take food left on the ground over night and my fem will only take quail followed by a mouse but they are stunning pythons. My male has i guess what could be called reduced pattern down towards the end of his body, the brown blotches are smaller and more of the lighter color shows

They are amazing little critters, unfortunatley mine has started to get a bit shy with his feeding too. I'm wondering if the conastant rain around here is playing a part in that.

Attachments

• R3.jpg
    R3.jpg
    361.1 KB · Views: 143
  • Rex2.jpg
    Rex2.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 150
  • Rexxy.jpg
    Rexxy.jpg
    337.6 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:
I may pair mine next year, I don't have many shots of them or any that are up to date but I might find an old one here somewhere.
I find mine are feeding demons and smash rats.

Attachments

• 30042009004.jpg
    30042009004.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 85
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back