Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaunMorelia

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Ok, in another thread I was asked to post some pictures of our Diamond x Bredli (not sure of percentages tho).
So here she is after her slough last night. Not the best lighting available, but shows her close to her actual colours.

Resized - P1110739.JPG Resized - P1110734.JPG

If you have any hybrids, share some pictures.
I also have 2 diamond x jungles which look freaking awesome. Will post them after their next sloughs.

@ Reptilesaddiction, Hybrid means the offspring of two animals or plants of different breeds, varieties, species, or genera, esp. as produced through human manipulation for specific genetic characteristics. Crossbreeding's meaning is to hybridise, so what you are saying is they are the same thing.

@ Braidotti, I do have a few other pictures but not of quality that I would like to post. I will try and get some more tonight.

@ Reptilesaddiction, Hybrid means the offspring of two animals or plants of different breeds, varieties, species, or genera, esp. as produced through human manipulation for specific genetic characteristics. Crossbreeding's meaning is to hybridise, so what you are saying is they are the same thing.

@ Braidotti, I do have a few other pictures but not of quality that I would like to post. I will try and get some more tonight.

Cool thanks for that

Carpet X Carpet !!!:lol: J X C
One taken under a fluro the other in sunlight.

Attachments

• Picture 038.jpg
    Picture 038.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 213
  • Picture 039.jpg
    Picture 039.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 202
It's not something I could get into because its illegal in SA but its not a horrible thing it's kind of like evolution in a way.

i dont see the issue as long as you call them a cross and not sell them off as a pure strain, If you can create a pretty snake that someone will cherish as a pet and nothing more whats so wrong with it. The snakes are healthy enough.

Thanks everyone for your opinions and comments.
Some background on the Diamond x Bredli. She was won through a DECCW ballot and they ID'd her as a Eastern Carpet Python. So no idea what % Diamond vs Bredli she is or who bred her.
As for the 50/50 DxJ I have, they were sold as such with pictures of the parents and were bought for a specific reason.

this will turn into another debate (rolls eyes)
bredili are concidered by some to be fturther removed from other morelia
so anything that is bredile cross would hold more wight on the "hybrid" side
where as say diamond X coastal or diamond X jungle would no cause such a stir.

also concider the natural overlap of ranges, and that in many morelia there are intergrade zones ( this is naturaly occouring hybrid zone).

morelia sp. X morelia sp. dosent havbe the same ipmact as oh lets say
woma X morelia , or olive X morelia (yes there are some out there)

Thanks everyone for your opinions and comments.
Some background on the Diamond x Bredli. She was won through a DECCW ballot and they ID'd her as a Eastern Carpet Python. So no idea what % Diamond vs Bredli she is or who bred her.

Hi
I'm not quite clear on the whole diamond/bredli cross thing?
Your claiming that the pic is a diamond x but you have no info on its breeding etc?? Just curious as to why you would think its a cross?
I have seen wild diamonds that look exactly like that...I may have mis read your post but just curious..

Thanks
Kelly

i dont see the issue as long as you call them a cross and not sell them off as a pure strain, If you can create a pretty snake that someone will cherish as a pet and nothing more whats so wrong with it. The snakes are healthy enough.

The problem with that is people don't label them sometimes, just look at the uk with all the mutt carpets that are just mixes of all the subspecies. When i lived there pure carpets were hard to come by. and Pure diamonds just about didn't exist.

MY Diamond x bredli

;)

Attachments

• 27411.jpg
    27411.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 138
Hi
I'm not quite clear on the whole diamond/bredli cross thing?
Your claiming that the pic is a diamond x but you have no info on its breeding etc?? Just curious as to why you would think its a cross?
I have seen wild diamonds that look exactly like that...I may have mis read your post but just curious..

Thanks
Kelly
Hi Kelly.
As with alot of animals that are offered in a DECCW ballot they can be miss identified.
The pictures posted do not show how dark in the lower half the pythons is, and the typical bredli banding . In the flesh, the diamond and the bredli can be seen in her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back