sloughing qestion

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chase77

Reaction score
My stimsons sloughed today (my first slough). The only thing was that his eyes never went milky (I've had him for a month). He looked liked he needed one, but I have handled him daily, up until yesterday, always handling well. Is this uncommon?

Cheers, Chase.

Last edited:
normally their eyes do go milky, even if only briefly...maybe you just missed it....and I find mine get very sleepy and cranky...and it has got worse the older they are getting....so maybe the real grumpiness is yet to come lol

Elizabeth

my spotted's eyes dont get too milky, only a tiny bit that i can notice. I always handle him before he sheds and give him baths and he's never too cranky or seems scared. I dont think its anything you need to worry about, they shed when they're ready, sometimes they're a whole shed sometimes they're messy, meh!

I think you may have missed it as i find my Stimson goes opaque for a day or so and then goes normal again and sheds all within 2-3 days. If it was a hassle free shed all good and no need to worry, my Woma just had a nightmare i didn't notice he was due and humidity was crap so result was a poor shed had to help him not pleasent, neither of us enjoyed it much!

You missed it. :)
You'll learn to notice the signs soon.
Such as more hiding than usual
Refusal of feeds.
Less colour.
More aggressive.

I wouldn't be picking up your Stimy during this point.
They are basically blind at the time and it will distress them and you might get bitten.
Not really much of a problem for a hatchy but an adult coastal is different.

:)
Jannico

I think you may have missed it as i find my Stimson goes opaque for a day or so and then goes normal again and sheds all within 2-3 days. If it was a hassle free shed all good and no need to worry, my Woma just had a nightmare i didn't notice he was due and humidity was crap so result was a poor shed had to help him not pleasent, neither of us enjoyed it much!

It must have been when i fed him on tuesday, didn't handle on wednesday, but did observe quite closely. anyways....

Cheers guys.

It is always REALLY obvious when my Atherton is about to shed, her eyes go milky, she gets grumpy and very dark... I always know when she is going to shed. However I can NEVER tell with my Diamond, he is always a surprise! He doesnt get faded, never refuses a feed and doesnt get grumpy, its no big deal though so dont stress. As long as your snakey is happy and healthy and shed well, thats all that matters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back