My newly built enclosure

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ozstorm

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, couple of pics of my newly build enclosure for my little girl, from start to finish.
Total cost (not including heat lamp) was about $180

DSCF5598.jpg

DSCF5609.jpg

DSCF5608.jpg

DSCF5631 (855 x 642).jpg

Attachments

• DSCF5606.jpg
    DSCF5606.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 82
very nice mate. where abouts did you get those fake rock tiles for the background?

the background is actually stone type tiles from Bunnings, cost about $25 for 1.6 m2 (adds a bit of weight to the enclosure but not too heavy). I had them in her original enclosure and that is what was left, unfortunately Bunnings didnt have any in stock them when I went the other day so couldnt finish as much as I wanted, but am happy with my first attempt.

Sweet thanks. i might do something similar but maybe if i can get ones that look like stacked slate.

the stuff I used is about 3-4cm thick, but they had slate and other types that were quite thin (about 1/2cm thick slices but glued onto mesh backing that were about 15cm x 15cm)

Well done! It's very satisfying to build an enclosure from a piece of furniture. I always keep an eye out in op shops and drive slowly by council cleanups - drives the family nuts. That cabinet looks too good for those sources. I like the fake plants, too. I have a hard time finding those, because I won't spend more than $5. Hmmm - perhaps time to re-think my spending....

the dark plant is like a gum tree, $4 - $5 from spotlight. Spotlight also has ivy vines and ferns for $2 - $5 each, the light plant is a fish tank plant I got from local aquarium shop, cost me $15.95

no, the cabinet I bought secondhand for $50 (off trading post), the rest of the cost was for the background, vents, locks, shelf, plants etc. I think $180 for something that looks that good (according to me anyway) is a bargain :)

the dark plant is like a gum tree, $4 - $5 from spotlight. Spotlight also has ivy vines and ferns for $2 - $5 each, the light plant is a fish tank plant I got from local aquarium shop, cost me $15.95
Oh - I wish we had a Spotlight near my house! I usually buy cheap leafy vines at the local bargain store and twine them around an expensive Exoterra vine to make it look more exciting. Anything upright gets knocked over by my big pythons. If they can knock over a plastic container with 1.5 litres of water, they can knock over most plants. (I generally use ceramic casserole dishes for water.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back