Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Riggsy

Reaction score
Ok, all you pro's see if you can leave this one to the amateurs...;)

I just found this tonight on my front patio. I know what it is...

Bragging rights goes to the first correct guess. :)

DSC01815 (Large).JPG

DSC01821 (Large).JPG

DSC01813 2.jpg

DSC01820 (Large).JPG

its a legless lizard, quite safe to play with...

beautiful snake there Riggsy! I won't give the name away (honestly what stupid answers so far...) but I'm so jealous you found it right on your patio!

I jumped over one when I was little just running down at a farm turned around and saw that I had just leaped over it. ahah

Northern NSW/Southern Qlds specimens are just so much more colourful and bigger than the rest of their range. Nice find. I found one years ago at Mt Warning in the car park that when first spoted was mistaken for a RBB. Almost red belly and nudging a metre in length.

Hmmm.... Some of those guesses were really close

Yes. Its a Small Eyed Snake. I put him back in the bush which is only accross the road after I took those pics. Its the first one Ive seen and found. Very cool.

Northern NSW/Southern Qlds specimens are just so much more colourful and bigger than the rest of their range. Nice find. I found one years ago at Mt Warning in the car park that when first spoted was mistaken for a RBB. Almost red belly and nudging a metre in length.

Ahh, Mt Warning. why did I sell up and ever leave that place???????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back