Just got my new Woma... today!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbid

Not so new Member
Reaction score
So i just recived my first male woma a couple hours ago. He was sent UPS. I got him for 150$ plus 40 shipping. Pretty good deal I think? I am getting a female for 200$ as soon as the weather is warm enough for shipping from her location.

I am aware I should let snakes settle in a few days before feeding, but its been a week for him(since his last meal), and he is already slithering around head bobbing, you guys think I should try feeding him now?

Anyway I am pretty excited to have my first woma. I cant stop looking at him. They are even more gorgeous in person! I cant wait to post pictures....

congrats , how old is the woma ?.you could try feeding it now , i would just keep the handling to a minium until it has time to settle in .

He is a 2010, but he looks pretty big? probably 1.5-2 feet. The female I will be getting is a 2008. You are correct, as bad as I want to hold him, I am waiting until 2 days after his first meal here to even try... And okay I was just making certian it would not cause him stress to try to feed him now. Thanks!

he'd eat no problems he is a woma after all and not many knock back feeds offered :)

Try him if he eats (which i reckon he would) great if he doesn't give him a few days try again.

looking forward to seeing the pics

You where right Yommy! (sorry if that is not the name you preffer to go by) he eat no problem. Probably the "cutest" hunt I have ever seen. I will take pictures after he has a couple days to digest. I can't wait to take pictures!

yommy or Brett, i answer to both :)

Good to see. The only time you ever need to worry with womas is feeding time and not being mistaken as food.
Once they know no food is on offer they are puppy dogs :)
Womas love their food, knew he wouldn't refuse and its good to see, he'll settle in fine, just be wary as they are very food orientated - watch you fingers :)

hi, nice work on the new woma... im lookin for a nice cheap one too. where did you get it from?

Cheers,
Pratty

i just noticed you mentioned above that your woma was sent via UPS.. is that US Postal Service? or is there a service in aus other than AAE that im not aware of lol, by the way congrats on getting the woma. ive wanted a woma for some time now and have run out of ways to convince my partner thet they arnt ugly pythons

i just noticed you mentioned above that your woma was sent via UPS.. is that US Postal Service? or is there a service in aus other than AAE that im not aware of lol, by the way congrats on getting the woma. ive wanted a woma for some time now and have run out of ways to convince my partner thet they arnt ugly pythons

JUst get it, she'll fall in love once she see's it in the flesh and pratty90 seen some standard tanami as cheap as $250 lately for hatchies. Beats the $1800ea i paid for my F1 boodaries a few seasons ago :) and still worth every cent......

Morbid (Kaity) lives in Seattle in the US guys :D

Congrats on your Woma, you were pretty excited about getting it :D

cheers yommy, ill keep an eye out. wanting one in NSW so i dont have to import etc... im lazy....

Congrats on your new woma. They're so fun to play with haha. Unique and different..in a good way tho! Oh also, I'm pretty sure that I want to see pics. haha.

Cheers,
Nick

Yeah sorry guys! I live in the US. I forgot everybody couldn't see all my other posts. You should just bring one home! Everybody here in the US I told, I was getting a Woma all thought they where "ugly" too but I just think people are shocked too see the absence of the heat pits. ( I know there actually in the upper lip... But it would appear they do not have them...) but once they got past that they all thought they where beautiful pythons.

---------- Post added 05-Jan-11 at 10:30 AM ----------

JUst get it, she'll fall in love once she see's it in the flesh and pratty90 seen some standard tanami as cheap as $250 lately for hatchies. Beats the $1800ea i paid for my F1 boodaries a few seasons ago :) and still worth every cent......

Well at least you guys have locals available. I would have happly spent that much for Boodaries around here, and not some cheaper mix. He is still amazing though... Dont get me wrong but it would be amazing to preserve there natural locals over here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back