Lord Howe Island Stick Insect, New pics

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hornet

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
My male recently matured so thought i'd chuck up some new pics. Check out those spines on his hind legs.

Attachments

• DSCF1790.jpg
    DSCF1790.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 206
  • DSCF1791.jpg
    DSCF1791.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 232
  • DSCF1792.jpg
    DSCF1792.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 185
Awesome!

Does he use the femoral spine like calcarata?

nope not at all, their behavior is totally different to Eurycantha, no aggression what so ever, if you disturb him he runs off madly. Also the femoral spines are not really femoral spines like a Eurycantha, they are more like the femoral serrations on goliaths

very cool looking they are quite endangered is that correct.

they are alot better off now from the melbourne zoos captive breeding program but yes in the wild they are still endangered

nope not at all, their behavior is totally different to Eurycantha, no aggression what so ever, if you disturb him he runs off madly. Also the femoral spines are not really femoral spines like a Eurycantha, they are more like the femoral serrations on goliaths

Interesting, so they're all show aye?

yup i havent seen this guy even look like he wants to use them

thats good the zoo has that program as they are fascinating and it would be a shame to loose them.

Looks amazing, almost looks like they are crossed between a lobster and stick insect.

man i would scream like a little girl if one of those was on me lol thats giving me fricken shivers just looking at the photos

still waiting for the female to mature so month or 2 off yet

Wow he is AMAZING!!! I would love to know how to track down one of them!! I used to own some stick insects and thorny leaf insects, but he is really something else!!! :]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back