Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
easy to do that IF YOU OWN THE SNAKE!!!!! read my post properly before posting next time please!! i can't walk into the petstore and say "can i hold your snake"

Hey Lambert I don't think he directed it at you :) which makes your response kind of ironic lol :)

I have heard of some reeeeaaally big snakes but never seen any evidence to back it up. I watched a youtube video where the guy claims to have captured a 6m scrub python but the snake was barely twice the guys height... so I highly doubt it was 6m... unless the guy himself was 3m tall lol

Longqi... would looove to see such a big python in the flesh, you must feel so privileged to see them in the wild. I have said it before... it is one thing to see a big pampered snake in captivity... but another to see a wild giant, a master of the jungle who has survived through tough times to get to an enormous size. I saw a very large wild coastal once... I wish I had the full body photos of him now... currently I only have a little less than half his body in shot. But he had a tiny head in proportion to a rather large girth. He had just eaten what I suspect was the neighbours little dog (he was in their front yard and coincidentally the neighbours dog was never seen again ;)

snake3.jpg

At the time I thought all coastals got this big and some got even bigger. Now that I know better, I am glad I saw him, even if I only have my memory of his size and no proper photo evidence. The photo is cut off just before his recent meal. ;)

Hey Lambert I don't think he directed it at you :) which makes your response kind of ironic lol :)

I have heard of some reeeeaaally big snakes but never seen any evidence to back it up. I watched a youtube video where the guy claims to have captured a 6m scrub python but the snake was barely twice the guys height... so I highly doubt it was 6m... unless the guy himself was 3m tall lol

Longqi... would looove to see such a big python in the flesh, you must feel so privileged to see them in the wild. I have said it before... it is one thing to see a big pampered snake in captivity... but another to see a wild giant, a master of the jungle who has survived through tough times to get to an enormous size. I saw a very large wild coastal once... I wish I had the full body photos of him now... currently I only have a little less than half his body in shot. But he had a tiny head in proportion to a rather large girth. He had just eaten what I suspect was the neighbours little dog (he was in their front yard and coincidentally the neighbours dog was never seen again ;)

View attachment 180723

At the time I thought all coastals got this big and some got even bigger. Now that I know better, I am glad I saw him, even if I only have my memory of his size and no proper photo evidence. The photo is cut off just before his recent meal. ;)

Looks like he has a few battle wounds on him the old fella ha

He was found in thornlands south-east of brisbane. :) Was thrilled to see him, but more so now than back then when I didn't realise how special he was. Back then I was retarded and thought coastals could get to something like 7m. xD

The biggest snake I ever saw is in a cave in Timor
I could only see about 4 metres of it
But it was thicker than my waist for the whole bit I could see
Big retics in captivity are fat and lazy nothing like this
This one was just pure power and the hiss it gave at being disturbed was loud enough to make me pull back very fast
My guide took off so I had to follow him
I had the head section of cast skin and the eyes were same size as ten cent pieces
Customs took it off me in Darwin
Somewhere Ive got a photo of an 8metre retic
Will try to find it

Well you always hear of these big 10+ ft Carpets etc BUT theres never any proof..A python i seen the other day was huge,it stretched across the whole road,mustve been 4-6metres long..NEVER ANY PHOTOS..Im not saying theres no big pythons in the wild,but nowhere near as many as years ago..I did have some photos of a big natural Intergrade,which was HUGE.Apparently it didnt get released thou..Hopefully someone can post these photos..It was caught by Greg(hollis)and his mate..

I did have some photos of a big natural Intergrade,which was HUGE.Apparently it didnt get released thou..Hopefully someone can post these photos..It was caught by Greg(hollis)and his mate..
I remember it, over 11 ft in the old measurement.

Thats correct Peter,and weighed around 16kg from memory,a possum wouldnt have made a dent in the belly,the girth was huge..

I have a BIG Bredli , He was a foot or so bigger than my ex who is 6ft7 n this was a year ago.....Tried to meansure him ( wasnt perfect) at around 8.5ft .. and the site wont let me upload pix :(

Last edited:
The mother of my Bredli was 12.6 kilograms (when gravid, i think) and around 9'. Have a photo somewhere in my emails will try to hunt it down. She was pretty big though and at the time being new to snakes was quite daunting!

The mother of my Bredli was 12.6 kilograms (when gravid, i think) and around 9'. Have a photo somewhere in my emails will try to hunt it down. She was pretty big though and at the time being new to snakes was quite daunting!

9' and 12.6kg bredli, thats BIG, i have to see this pic!!!!!

View attachment 180939View attachment 180938Here is a big old Darwin who lives in my roof. He is well over 2.5 meters and the biggest I have seen so far. The head pic is just after my first attempt of pulling a tick off his eye (he ripped a good hole in my hand for my trouble too) I will say something from my own experience.....a wild snake bites much harder and squeezes tighter than a captive one. I think he is quite old too.

DSC03258.jpgDSC03259.jpgI know not a python but still fairly impressive . . . . this is a 5 - 5 1/2 metre king cobra at phuket cobra show
DSC03265.jpgand a retic about 7 from mermory

I HAd a 13" Albino Burmese. She was more of a rescue though and I rehomed her. I would never want a snake it would take more than one person to hold. I will stick to my Woma who is currently 2.5" lol

snack.jpg""Along the 16.7-meter giant snake weight 300 kg, 140-year-old
this snake was found accidentally by workers who make its way ... This giant snake heavy equipment run over by accident..."""
There has been a lot of discussion about this photo over here
But one thing is true
The construction crew had to leave Borneo under fear of death threats from the local tribe

Going by the bucket on the digger that snake isn't even 6 metres, its call perspective. Things look bigger in the foreground.

here are a few big snakes and the first one is venomous in the first two vids it shows the snake in the first 30secs but it show them much better at the end and the last one is a captive snake and its huge its one of the biggest snakes in the world close to the one in vietnam or where ever that big one is
[video=youtube;FfwEWmkxPVc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfwEWmkxPVc[/video]
[video=youtube;De-UuMh_kSw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=De-UuMh_kSw[/video]
[video=youtube;GTMALyDrb_w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTMALyDrb_w&feature=fvst[/video]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back