What do people do with there old snake skins that they have shed???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
no point keep them! if your into snakes your always going to be getting skins! if someone wants one i will give them one! but if not its in the bin

;)I laminate mine, ( i know a little weird) but i have all my seperate snakes (from hatchlings to adults) sheds fully preserved and can see the great difference in between growth. i keep them in a folder, its data of there history ,feeds, sheds,size, weight, etc. Sheds that are full of crap i throw them out but just keep a sample (dorsal, lateral,ventrals subcaudals).

My pale headed snake has finnest detail of its skin and the difference in growth from when its first shed to now is amazing it looks great when its compressed and clear as a picture.:)
You could actually frame them if you wanted and make somthing of them.

Though once this time i put a skin in the formans work ute and watched him pull the seats out of his car to find that it was not in there, he wasted a good hour (in his lunch break). He was a real brown nose so it was great for every one to watch him work for once.:lol:

Got sunburnt the other day so if anybody wants to take a big chunk of pussy skin from my back to give to their kids, the offers there! ;)

in the beginning i laminated a few from small to large, then were sent to school in a zip lock bag for show and tell and now most are binned.

Lol you guys crack me up thanks for the laugh it takes alot to get me laughing this time of the morning.
Oh by the way we bin em as well.

My son kept the first two, gave one to my TAFE teacher to show students in her class and our Staffy got hold of one and ate it...have been binning them but the last one our staffy and bull arab shared...not harmful to dogs I hope,thinking they might have lots of good stuff in them.

Am i the only one who likes to drop the odd one around the mailbox just so i can watch the postie, its a great source of ammusement to myself :)

I have kept my girls skin in a zip lock bag with the date, she has only shed once since getting her, will be keeping them to watch her growth. I like the idea of laminating them.

How do you put them in a scrapbook? The whole thing???
I only have one and his shed is about 8 feet (obviously he is not).
The first one he did since i had him, went on my brothers Christmas tree like tinsel for his kids.
the next one i got to see, and while it was till soft and fresh i turned it right way around (til i got to the tippy tail which was too skinny) and had it laid across the tv table in front of the telly, but last week i vacuumed the tail off it, so its not quite as impressive anymore !!
the rest go hanging on the back fence, im hoping they will act like scarecrows and stop the birds pooping on my tomato plants, but not working so far.....

Am i the only one who likes to drop the odd one around the mailbox just so i can watch the postie, its a great source of ammusement to myself :)

I took one to work, pinched my boss's keys and put it under the front seat of his car with just the tail tip hanging out and another in the boot with the spare tire. After work he opened the door and noticed something on the floor so he picked it up to see what it was...and started screaming like a little girl..... Glad he likes a bit of a joke :lol:

hahaha love some of the replies here.
I keep the most recent ones, unless the snakes have soiled them, but bin the old ones.

Lplater - I might try that one hahaha.

Thanks guys who said they laminated. I just purchased 15 laminating sheets offline I'm hoping to get them before my woma shed for the first time in my care... And with the others I'm going to try to make laminated snake skin book markers out of them and sell them locally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back