100% Success rate for Maternal Incubation

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

firedream

Reaction score
Love my baby shes such a good mum! 100% success rate, hatchies are exiting eggs as we speak. Its just so awesome seeing her achieve this on her own. Almost like hiding in a bush in nature watching, only not :rolleyes:
Well she hatched 100% that she had in her care but there was that one egg she discarded and i am incubating so does that still count for 100%? I'm still stoked anyway!
Yeah i'll go i'm still rambling from excitement.:lol:

There is something so much more awesome about that photo than the usual eggs laid out in a tub photo :D

Well done for being brave enough to give her the chance to do it all herself :D

Looks like she still has some good condition on her too. I had to pull mine off the eggs because she just didn't look as though she had the condition..... May have been all right but I would rather loose the eggs than the mother. The eggs all look great though.

She really is the best snake. She lost hardly any condition. still looks great. does anyone know how long i should leave it b4 i feed her? she is no longer with babies. Knowing her as i do i'm sure she is ready for a feed now.

ok so i decided to go pip the egg mumma discarded and there is a live snake but very small compared to the other hatchies. i have placed him back into incubator is there any reason he would be so small compared to other hatchies. obviously they have been incubated at different temps with mum being with the others. but would that make such a huge difference in size?

just to let you know the egg i had in incubator has hatched. all other hatchies were 9gm but this one was 7gm, but it is a stunner. i think i might keep it. :)

give her a feed now,well done that is so good to actually see a mum doing her job ...I wish only more snake breeders would give it ago ..I had the pleasure of watching a mother carpet do the same thing she had 26 eggs all hatched but two bubs got squashed by her ..the other 24 were all perfect and alive n kicking ;)

i would of feed her a couple of days after laying... they still coil on the eggs when they have had a feed... nice hatchies

i tried offering food after laying she wasn't interested so i just left her. i gave her a feed the evening the babies hatched she ate well.

Very cool, well done!
I'm new to snake breeding (first python clutch hatched in Dec). Did you need to provide her with anything to keep the humidity up? As the eggs look really good...

That is absoulty amazing. I had no idea breeders did this, or snakes in captivity could do this. I thought for sure the mother would not be able to remain in good enough condition. AMAZING!

yeah my son insisted on incubating the one mum discarded i almost had it thrown out as it wasn't as white as the others and half the egg had veins half the egg had none. My son ran and grabbed the incubator that i had pulled apart, so we had to rebuild it. So that artifically incubated egg is going to be my sons snake. as soon as he is old enough for a license it will be transferred to him.

yeah my son insisted on incubating the one mum discarded i almost had it thrown out as it wasn't as white as the others and half the egg had veins half the egg had none. My son ran and grabbed the incubator that i had pulled apart, so we had to rebuild it. So that artifically incubated egg is going to be my sons snake. as soon as he is old enough for a license it will be transferred to him.

That's so sweet!! I wonder what he'll call it. Best of luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back