Feeding Pythons Quail

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Danish

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Ive done a search on this and i can see that some
keepers feed there pythons quail from time to time or to get fussy feeders eating,
but does anyone feed there colection mainly or only quail and is there any problems with doing this.
I have a few fussy feeders that only take quail and i have access to quail,ive offered rats and sented rats as well with no succsess.
Thanks alot.

I feed my snakes on quails every 2-3rd feed,they are always fed on rodents.If the fussy feeder is only taking quail atm,just have some patience and keep scenting with quail,it should take a scented rodent eventually..What species are we talking about being fussy..I couldnt say that just feeding quail will-will not be a problem if being fed all the time on them...I got a Chondro eating that was forced fed for 12months on quail,then i scented a rodent with the quail and it hasnt been a problem since...

I feed my snakes on quails every 2-3rd feed,they are always fed on rodents.If the fussy feeder is only taking quail atm,just have some patience and keep scenting with quail,it should take a scented rodent eventually..What species are we talking about being fussy..I couldnt say that just feeding quail will-will not be a problem if being fed all the time on them...I got a Chondro eating that was forced fed for 12months on quail,then i scented a rodent with the quail and it hasnt been a problem since...

I have a pair of roughies,
they are last seosons babies,
i know this a common problem with roughies,
one of them takes scented mice,the other wont budge and is only interested in quail.

i have a olive who is a bit over a year old who ONLY eats birds,iv tried everything rats and mice,scenting,braining even tied a mouse with a tiny bit of cooking string to a quail,hoping next feed he'll take rodent..no success....so i tried finch..he loved it,so after many times failing and wasting rodents,i came to the conclusion,hahaha that he wants only to be a bird eater...and i have accepted his choice in life,you know if he's into birds,im cool with that...you say you have access to quail,so there shouldnt be any problems..for me its a bit of a hassle to get birds for him,but i manage and he is happy.. :) cheers

i have a olive who is a bit over a year old who ONLY eats birds,iv tried everything rats and mice,scenting,braining even tied a mouse with a tiny bit of cooking string to a quail,hoping next feed he'll take rodent..no success....so i tried finch..he loved it,so after many times failing and wasting rodents,i came to the conclusion,hahaha that he wants only to be a bird eater...and i have accepted his choice in life,you know if he's into birds,im cool with that...you say you have access to quail,so there shouldnt be any problems..for me its a bit of a hassle to get birds for him,but i manage and he is happy.. :) cheers
Cheers mate

I would not feed him for 3-4weeks or so and scent a rodent with bird-quail,eventually he will take it..Hatchie Olives and BHPs can be finicky when it comes to feeding rodents,a few people i know start them with quail then switch to rodents,without any problems..Also ive heard some Roughies can be pains in the bum regarding feeding,until they start...Best of luck with the Roughies Danish..and Seanjbkorbett with the Olive...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back