Dolphin Encounter

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sel

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Hellos

Just wondering if anyone has done this at Sea World? Swam with the dolphins..and is it worth the money ?
How long is it for and what are you allowed to do?

Looking into doing it when we go :) That..or a helicopter ride

My daughter did it last year, and she said it was fun.

You can be 'Trainer for a day' which is apparently really only 40 mins or so. You learn training basics, get a couple of photos.

She did a group swim. There was (she thinks) 6-8 people in her group. You got to swim with one while you held its fin. You get to kind of handle one a bit (shake its hand/fin)
You learn a bit about them, get photos taken etc. She said it was fun being in the group situation. She was in the water for possibly about a hour as far as she can remember. And it was a gift, so its hard to say whether it was worth paying for, but she did enjoy it.

You have probably gone online and had a look, but I will post the link anyway :)

Sea World Dolphin Encounter | Sea World Resort & Water Park

Thanks Shell.
Yep, i looked at that page before posting :) Just wanted to get people opinions and the page doesnt give you alot of info. Its actually cheaper than i was thinking itd be..

How much is it?

I swam with dolphins in the Dominican Republic at an aquarium there. it was AMAZING and such a wonderful experience. They had a natural beach and HUGE swimming area, it was a blocked off atoll.

We fed them, swam with them, patted them, towed by them etc etc etc. We went behind the scenes and were part of their training, was in the water for a good couple of hours.

Definitely recommend swimming with dolphins, such a humbling experience that i cant describe the feeling.

The price i had was 165$ but after reading it again i realised, that price is if you are staying at Nara Resort. The *normal* price is 275$.
I think itd be worth it.. and it comes with a photo and a dvd of you swimming with them.

Im all over it

Thanks guys

I've encountered wild dolphins a number of times - you tend to hear them rather than see them. Had a school of 10 kilo tuna speed past me followed by a high speed large grey shape which I didn't realize it was a dolphin until it was 3 meters away.

jenna's sister did it last year. loved it..
she knows more about it, give her a call

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back