Any Snake Relocators in Newcastle ?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well there you go, i cant. should stop helping out the neighbours then or just let them use the shovel if the government would prefer.

Thats the problem, its a paid role on an industrial site needs to be licensed, otherwise I would do it myself .

Sory then Captain i cant help you. Just looked up the yellow pages here and there is not one listed. Will keep looking.

Does that mean the 14 RBB's iv moved since November, 5 in the last week (same joe blake i reckon), from the road and cycle track especially has left myself open to being fined. If so i think it is a bit strange to waste peoples time when there are people willing to do it for free.
We are talking an explosion in RBB sightings in the small suburb i live in coupled with the extension of a cycle track right through prime habitat. They seem to love the newly laid tar for basking. I havent really been relocating them just moving them 500m further into the bush.

why does everyone on here get so snooty and "politcaly correct", when it comes to laws with reptiles, when i bet just about everyone here breaks the law in some way everyday!, im not saying i condone breaking the law but everyone does it. and ROFL, Bucky are you saying its wrong to be a volunteer?

Last edited:
There is plenty of unpaid snake removilsts about already... that are licensed, are they taking work away from the paid guys?, its potentianly dangerous crossing a road aswell, but you do so at your own risk, just like someone moving a snake,

"while your at it why dont we go be a paramedic with no training or claim to be a doctor."

mate we arnt talking about bloody brain surgery here...

Hey wardy, being a Novocastrian youd be familiar with the cycle way extensions from jewells to Glenrock. The track cuts part of Jewells swamp and that is where the problem lies, it is about to be extended even further into the back of Belmont again cuting close to wetlands. There are no fences/snake netting or under passes. All things that as far as i know were raised with council during construction of it. Someone is going to get bitten soon like the kids who want to poke them with sticks etc. I know of atleast i dog that has been already. I just thaught i was doing a community service by moving the animals on.

As stated previously the council is NOT going to pay anyone to remove them, have spoken to them several times.

Hey monte yeah i know the exatc path you are talking about my cousin leaves near that area, she found her 6year old daughter in the backyard holding a hatchy redbelly.

Bucky, what are you talking about highhorses? you would probably know since your up on them so often by the sounds of it, i never came in here trying to start ****, or acting like i knew it all. i was stating that people here seem to be overly picky when it comes to reptile laws but are fine with breaking other laws!!

Would recomend that you contact SOFAR, they will be able to help.

Cheers

Why is it when someone points out the legalities of something some reactionary like Wardy starts acting like the Dies' House Un-American Activities Committee.

Laws are in place not just to cover the people that remove them but the SNAKES!!! its not just a matter of moving it on ..you are suppose to know a bit about the species so you can actually relocate it in an area that it is suited to best ...its not just a "job" anyone could or should do ...THIS IS WHY THERE IS A LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laws are in place not just to cover the people that remove them but the SNAKES!!! its not just a matter of moving it on ..you are suppose to know a bit about the species so you can actually relocate it in an area that it is suited to best ...its not just a "job" anyone could or should do ...THIS IS WHY THERE IS A LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

READ MY POST@@@@@@

No-where did i mention i condone breaking the bloody law idiot!, all i said was people here get pissy when it comes to Reptile laws, and you my friend are a prime example!, Nor did i mention everyman and his dog out there should be relocating snakes END OF STORY!

Peter if you were actualy crontributing to this disccusion and not trolling, id reply to you but im not.

Last edited:
READ MY POST@@@@@@

No-where did i mention i condone breaking the bloody law idiot!, all i said was people here get pissy when it comes to Reptile laws, and you my friend are a prime example!, Nor did i mention everyman and his dog out there should be relocating snakes END OF STORY!

Peter if you were actualy crontributing to this disccusion and not trolling, id reply to you but im not.
ERRRRRRRRM WARDY did I mention that my post was directed to you ????? was it quoted after your post? I put that up as a broad reply to everyone on here that doesnt fully understand why it is important not just to relocate because you think you can...and the fact this is one reason laws are implace ..for the well being of the snakes too ..alot on here thinks its easy and nothing to it ...this isnt the case ..

As far as me being the "idiot" you still broke the law,regardless of my wanting to see that the rbbs were relocated and you may have knowledge in where to relocate them , as much as I think most of our reptile laws are BS ..I support this one because of my reasoning ..oh and by the way this post is aimed at you THIS TIME !!

If you feel you could become a relocator why dont you do it properly?

no. im saying its wrong to take someones living away from them especially when your doing it illegally. im sure you wouldnt like someone to go to your work place and offer to do your job for free.
it can be potentially dangerous to relocate and handle venemous snakes without training and if you dont have insurance and someone gets hurt looks like your stuffed. while your at it why dont we go be a paramedic with no training or claim to be a doctor.

I agree too many people are ( wowsers)

just cause the govt is PC doesnt mean every man and his dog should follow

SOFAR would undoubtedly have a bunch of people with a good understanding of who is in your local area doing relocations, either volunteers or paid, its good to have options. On occasion I get calls from Newwy and have offered ID advice over the phone and email.

One time gave advice to a lovely lady who had a golden crown snake in her washing machine, it was accidentally picked up with clothes and washed! when she went to pick up the "shoelace" sitting at the bottom of the machine, discovered it was a snake, one of the most brightly coloured Golden Crowneds ever seen in the pics she emailed for an ID! I was amazed to hear it had survived a few loads. She managed to wrangle it from a distance into a jar, and released it in the bush across the road. Yay, another snake not mangled with a shovel & saved myself a lot of fuel used on other rescues

fwiw, i'm a volly with a local wildlife rescue group, the laws exist for a reason and i'd find it difficult to agree for someone who has demonstrated doing things safely and responsibly to be raked over the coals, while conversely, i'd hope someone setting an irresponsible or unsafe example would be hit with the law before something fatal gives herps bad press (im not speaking of anyone in particular here). The concept of having groups is great in theory and i'd like to think they level out the skills to well above a safe minimum standard for the animals sake, and the peoples.

Having done a couple hundred rescues over the years, i'd still love to get some more skills, I hear good things about the Educational Reptile Displays snake courses, Nev Burn's Blue Mountain course and there is one in vic I have heard good things about too but cant recall the name of it

Anyone on the Central Coast, NSW in need of advice in getting involved with rescues or needs a snake rescuer can give me a buzz on
0417364620 - if its an emergency I dont care when you call

ERRRRRRRRM WARDY did I mention that my post was directed to you ????? was it quoted after your post? I put that up as a broad reply to everyone on here that doesnt fully understand why it is important not just to relocate because you think you can...and the fact this is one reason laws are implace ..for the well being of the snakes too ..alot on here thinks its easy and nothing to it ...this isnt the case ..

As far as me being the "idiot" you still broke the law,regardless of my wanting to see that the rbbs were relocated and you may have knowledge in where to relocate them , as much as I think most of our reptile laws are BS ..I support this one because of my reasoning ..oh and by the way this post is aimed at you THIS TIME !!

If you feel you could become a relocator why dont you do it properly?

Sorry Redbelly, but im sure you know its difficult at time to decipher who is actauly talking to who and what is directed at who in forums like this... ,
If you reread through the posts you would see it was'nt me relocating the snakes..

But yes i do feel i could beome a relocator lol, if only it was that simple..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back