How can i get my Beardies too breed???

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KyliePickle

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Heyy guys ,

i recently got anouther bearded dragon i have a male central bearded dragon and i got an eastern female ...is it possible too breed them if so what temp should i have the cage and what info should i know to get them strated ?? i want babies ...

:D

erhm, ever heard of crossbreeding?....get an eastern male and a central female, and breed the respective pairs, you cant crossbreed species, it is illegal, the only reason people get away with crossbreeding morelia spilota subspecies, is because they are subspecies, and naturally breed.....

erhm, ever heard of crossbreeding?....get an eastern male and a central female, and breed the respective pairs, you cant crossbreed species, it is illegal, the only reason people get away with crossbreeding morelia spilota subspecies, is because they are subspecies, and naturally breed.....

I'm quite sure Easterns and Centrals are the same species, but different subspecies

Edit: Wait, just did a search, they arent. Sorry.

By the sounds of it you need to do a lot more reading before you even considering breeding bearded dragons. Centrals and Easterns do co-exist in some areas around australia and both populate my area South Australia so it could be possible that a cross-breed may have occured in the wild. But it is still illegal to cross-breed so as suggested above get the eastern and central there respective partners. But do a bit more research long before u consider breeding maybe wait till next year its amazing how much knowlegde u can gain in a few years. i know most breeders are pretty happy to share some of there basic knowledge.
cheers Barf

I'm not too sure about it being illegal, crossbreeding different species in the same genus is legal in most states from what i have been told

When it comes to beardies to only pays these days to breed exceptional pairs, ie. Nice reds, pastels etc. You will be stuck with 15+ mouths to feed for a long time as not many people want to buy normal or cross bred animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back