14 Mth old Woma issue

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sharpy

Reaction score
Noticed the other day when she was sunning herself she "jumps" like a hickup/sneeze along her whole body. have a heat mat for her and its setup s0 he has option for warmth. Is it a cold or something else thanks

Sharpy i have a woma that is a year old and i recently went through some issues with mine that was also displaying these such problems. I have posted the full story with the history of events but here is the end result after much conversing with some really experienced reptile people. Womas do sneeze and gurgle if they are going into shed, this due to the oils they produce in the lead up, (It's not a hiss). If the temps are not warm enough your snake could have a cold, i keep my woma at 35'c warm end and 26-27'c cool end. Or it could be a respitory disease this will be evident if it is prolonged and lasts for period of days. If the snake is going into shed don't increase the humidity as womas don't require high humidty to shed, if it is a cold just up your temps by 1.5-2'c and if the sneezing is prolonged perhaps you could see a vet. Read my story as i hope it can assist you, our big fella is now feeding well, womas are very unique they are great snakes i have found from my experience that they are however a bit different to keep. People are forever saying they are great beginer snakes but compared to my antaresia's i have found this guy a bit challenging to get right. He is now feeding well and settling in, good luck and let us know how you get on with her.
Cheers Mick :)

OK that be it maybe. She is about 1/2 way thru the shedding process. Milky about 2 days ago. Cold weather in brissy lately so thats why i turned on the heat mat. Combination of both maybe. Thanks

You are welcome, i am sure that this will clear post shed if it doesn't then off to the vet is my advice. Please let me know how she goes as i am curious and hope she will be ok. Cheers and good luck!

All good. Shedded 3 days ago and not one sign of "hick-ups" woo hoo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back