Bringing home a water python today

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do I bother.
Just after info on the possible husbandry of the species in Australian collections.

Thanks anyway.

I hadn't heard of these white-lipped pythons until you mentioned them yesterday. I hadn't heard of rough scaled pythons either until a couple of months ago, I like them, but I don't like they're teeth!

Sorry Waterat, must of read it wrong, just thought that you might know a little more about the white lips in captivity, any additional info etc. You should be up there for a program breeding plan. :)

I would vote for you.

White-lipped pythons are not in Liasis, they are in Leiopython. The taxonomy has been changed by Wulf Schleip in 2008. There have been about five species described. I don't agree with it at all but his website does have some detailed information and is worth a browse.

Google "leiopython.de" ... or something like that.

its illegal to keep them in Australia isnt it?

Dan, are you back home? Give me a call.

Michael

its illegal to keep them in Australia isnt it?

No, it's not illegal, they are native to some of the Australian islands in Torres Strait.

Not home yet. Got about another 4 months. Just about to jump on a plane so trying to entertain myself on a slow internet connection.

There are White-lipped's in Australian collections. The situation is the same as the GTP saga. They are here but they didn't come from Torres Strait.

Last edited:
Cheers Waterrat, wasnt sure if there were found in australian territories or not, have heard both things said. So they are legally held in private collections here in aus?

i didn't know they were in australian collections! how do i get my hands on 1?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back